Author Topic: GOOD NEWS UPDATE: The mother of all cracks!  (Read 7624 times)

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
GOOD NEWS UPDATE: The mother of all cracks!
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 01:34:19 pm »
I just remembered something I thought of a couple days ago...

Basically to make this easier... once someone finds one parameter in the memory, I will program the proxy to load all nearby addresses into the counters, and make a runtime for that project so we won't have to make too many 150MB+ dump files :P

It  should be as easy as hitting F1 and see what changed then.

PS: I will make a runtime of the best test project, but I will probably just setup a config file that can be told to load the counters this way. Speaking of which, we need to try to find where the exe holds the project path, so a config file can be loaded from there if possible.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
GOOD NEWS UPDATE: The mother of all cracks!
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2009, 03:07:31 am »
I was in town for the day with very little to do and no handy access to highspeed internet. So I started to program some stuff, but ended up taking a crack at monkeying with SoM's memory...

The good news is, I started by looking for the HP/MP stats, and found them in less than a couple minutes (including maxes)

The hard news is finding the memory addresses from the dll has so far eluded me... and I thought that would be the easier task. No reason to give up, and in theory this should be no prob. I just gotta match up one address and everything will fall in line. Anyway, I ended up pumping a couple hours at least into this hunt. I have a few more strategies up my sleeve, and the internet should prove a catalyzing agent.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
Re: GOOD NEWS UPDATE: The mother of all cracks!
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2009, 02:34:26 pm »
OK, I've finally jumped back on this saddle / am back on track with this one. I expect results just as soon as I can pencil them into my schedule.

This is going to be like light and day for SoM game makers...

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
Re: GOOD NEWS UPDATE: The mother of all cracks!
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2009, 04:16:07 am »
The dumped file will be over 150MBs, so only try this if you're machine is pretty hearty. Now open it in your text editor, and go to the SoM data segment (Just look for Holy in the text, and page up a little ways until you see something like 0000 0000 f037 4000. That is where the initialized data segment officially starts for the record (theoretically it's possible these values might've been changed in your dump -- whatever they're used for, but not likely)

For the record I noticed that the f037 bytes change (apparently depending on the game/project)

Sorry if that actually confused anyone :evil:

Good news is I have access to the memory now. Only took probably a long 8hrs, but I learned some stuff along the way, so.

I think before jumping whole hog into mapping values to memory, I'm going to see if I can't figure out enough about DX to add a text overlay to SOM, so we can draw the contents of the memory on the screen, so you can see it as it changes/page thru it. Probably most of the interesting parameters will be grouped together, so if you can see the memory changing on screen, it might only take minutes to work out what is what :cool:

If not a text overlay, at least I can make a separate window to write or draw to somehow :confused:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 04:18:25 am by Holy Diver »