Author Topic: Rathmor comments and suggestions  (Read 15624 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: Rathmor demo comments thread
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2013, 08:51:51 pm »
All very nice shots guys, its incredible how good your games look just in the few stills we get to peek at :)
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
  • Do, or do not, there is no try...... ~yoda~
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2013, 02:39:20 am »
Mr verdite sir, I can't seem to get your demo to run kind sir ? do I need somex installed to run it I have not installed holy's software as of yet, and will I need it for editing in my own projects? thanks in advance my friend:) kings field runs fine from the som installer just fine yet yours gives me a directx 9 missing dll error(42 to be exact).... I have directx 11 on this machine...................ML

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2013, 06:57:41 am »
*Prods John* John. JEAN! :1zhelp:

Honestly i'm not sure, I havent had this error before and im working with dx11 too. Hmm.
Ok ive sorted a quick patch for you let me know if it works out. It also includes the jumping feature.

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2013, 11:36:00 am »
Thanks kind sir, will try the patch, for some information that might help holy on this error as well, all of his tools also have that same error, I already tried to put the missing DLL in my DLL cashe, and that did not solve the issue. Man I really hope I don't need to set up an xp machine?..........

Now my only question is......? Once I complete a title, will windows 7 and 8 users have setup issues such as this, and will Holy divers ex correct these issues?       

Thanks again .................. ML

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2013, 11:44:51 am »
I had the error on my win7, just drop d3drm.dll into wherever you use your tools. Dont forget that John has made a tool to do all manner of file conversions you might not have seen it yet.  :smile:

http://www.swordofmoonlight.com/bbs/index.php?topic=673.0

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2013, 01:25:41 pm »

Honestly i'm not sure, I havent had this error before and im working with dx11 too. Hmm.
Ok ive sorted a quick patch for you let me know if it works out. It also includes the jumping feature.

You need D3DX libraries. I don't recommend packing those into your game unless you are putting it on a CD. If you ever install a retail game on your computer it will almost definitely install them. Otherwise you must find them elsewhere.

EDITED: There are links on the bottom of this (http://www.swordofmoonlight.net/ex/diy/) page.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 01:30:19 pm by Holy Diver »

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2013, 01:14:01 am »
Thank you very much  :smile:

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2013, 02:30:13 pm »
Huh...? Wha....? sorry, I was watching that dang Dragon Crystal, waiting for it to grow, and fell asleep. *GASP* Where'd it go! Alright, who picked the Dragon Crystal while I was asleep!!?? :science: :zx11shocked:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 02:59:00 pm by HwitVlf »

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2013, 10:51:17 am »
Played it Joe? If not I wouldnt bother unless its to enjoy the hopping enemies  :dazed:

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2013, 03:13:44 am »
Hey Ben Help me my friend..... Can't get your demo to work sir ....... I get a window with press any key.... then I "new begginng" then I get a crash.... Here is the error  AppName: rath_demo_12.bin    AppVer: 0.0.0.0    ModName: rath_demo_12.bin
ModVer: 0.0.0.0    Offset: 00046781

Any ideas..... Also on the Ex side, I was installing Ex according to Divers's page instructions and when I got to the Setup.bat I get a " UTF.bom" is missing and is required to continue...... can you tell me where to get that file or what the heck I am doing wrong Thank you a ton :) really want to see your work.....

One last thing will other folks have difficulties with my project like this,if I build using the Ex enviroment. Cause if so Tor and Tara don't need to jump that bad like talking about it, I mean they can walk, they got legs  :biggrin: I ain't saying' I'm just saying  :tongue:

I mean I asked him for some advice on how to properly set up his SoMex project, and he basicly told me, he has no time for infidels such as I and to pound sand, and read his instructions. Well he didn't exactly tell me to pound sand, but you know same lovable guy :-) you and John swear by his stuff, and I trust both of you 100%.....  and I am sure that I am just missing a little step.   I hope you have the 5 or 6 minutes to maybey tell me in basic terms, what the heck I am doing wrong...... Thanks Ben ...