Author Topic: Dark Souls expansion, impressions?  (Read 3799 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Dark Souls expansion, impressions?
« on: December 03, 2012, 09:16:44 am »
I've been pining for this expansion for quite some time, once I know I did not get the prepare to die edition for PC for christmas, I am definitely buying it for the PS3 (and probably pc).  Has anyone tried it out?  How do you like it?
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
Re: Dark Souls expansion, impressions?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 07:23:01 pm »
I haven't got it myself, and haven't seen anything of it other than a couple of videos. I've heard a bit about it, read a bit, and gotten most of the story in it, though. It seems well worth the money. I'm definitely getting this expansion as soon as I can afford to prioritize it. :)

On a side note, even though the expansion comes with new unique weapons, and new miracles, pyromamcies, and sorceries, those are not needed for the trophies/achievements where you must collect all of each. Had to find that out for myself, since not even the Dark Souls wiki was clear about that. Also, there are no new trophies/achievements that comes with the expansion.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 08:57:45 am »
I ended up buying it for the ps3, and I have ordered a PC copy just because it looks cool with all the stuff it comes with.

I have beat the entry boss to the stage and the new enemies are pretty cool.  I read a bit on the expansion...I wish it was a bit larger, it covers approximately 3 areas with I think 3-4 bosses and a small town of npcs.  So far so good, but damn its hard...the only character I had ready to enter it was on new game ++ so I am experiencing it with a great level of difficulty ><
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 09:41:58 am »
I started a new character, again, to find and play it with surprises, im that much of a fan haha  :movingeyes:

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 10:42:20 pm »
I think I am going to do the same, playing oolacile on new game ++ is actually just retarded hard.

Im hoping the game isn't that difficult on the first play through...if youre around Ben, maybe we will be able to help each other out!
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 03:28:23 pm »
That would be cool, let me know your progress as your new char.