Author Topic: So close ...  (Read 2572 times)

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
So close ...
« on: November 22, 2012, 12:27:24 pm »
So I've been playing through Dark Souls lately, and I'm finally at the end - the battle against the game's final boss. (Will probably kill him tonight.)

And I've got to say, I love this game! I really liked Demon's Souls, but even so, Dark Souls is so much better! And there are many things that are so similar to the KF series in this game, it's almost like playing a third person KF game. First and foremost how the different areas intersect with each other really reminds me of the island of Melenat. And you've got Sen's Fortress, with all its traps and a secret/hidden prison area. The NPCs all felt more like the NPCs in the KF games, especially with them actually moving about now and then.

Then, of course, they added a white dragon called Seath. From whom you can get the Moonlight Sword. It almost feels as if From Software's screaming, "we want to make another KF game!" Hehe!

I also got a real KF4 nostalgia kick out of the music playing during the final battle - personally, I believe they must've done that on purpose - like a homage.

In so many ways, this game is so close to the KF series. Oh, how I hope they make a new KF game!

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: So close ...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 09:55:07 am »
For me, FS having Seath and the Moonlight sword is more of a nod towards its flagship KF series, rather than a yearning to return, and probably an honorable mention to the fans. Id like to think that FS would release a good KF game, though whos to say that we couldnt?

Personally i think Demons souls is harder, though i much prefer the flow of Dark souls along with the variance in equipment, Demons souls only had a few armour sets. Sens fortress is almost like a mini gauntlet, though i noticed that even if you try to outrun those boulders you cant. Haha. Gotta take the hit.

Lets see what happens here in the SOM field, id say we can show FS that KF is still alive (i used three abbreviations there  :dazed:) if we apply ourselves and show enthusiasm.

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 04:48:22 pm »
Well, the Moonlight Sword is something they put into several games they've made, and both that and having Seath in Dark Souls certainly are "nods" toward KF. But I also think that in itself shows us what they want to do. :)

I do believe this community is able to produce some great games. Sadly, I have yet to actually try a SoM game(though I will, I'm just immensely slow!), but there's already several games out there(including the stuff that has been produced by our fellow members here) and I'm willing to bet several of them are quite good already.

Nice use of abbreviations, btw. xD

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 09:15:42 am »
If Ben is up to it, I am going to try to get him hooked up with a programmer I know and see if he can crank out a Rathmor game onto xbox live or some other platform!

Might even take up a donation or something for it to get him started :P
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 12:38:27 pm »
Definately sounds feasible, i will be including alot of 'open ended lore' in the main game that could hark back to legends and so on.

Anyway ive been really enjoying making everything, so i wouldnt mind remaking everything to suit a different platform. Im kind of used to being my own master but id say teamwork would be a nice change  :biggrin:

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 07:18:02 pm »
Sounds really cool! I'd love to see that! :D

... I'd buy the game, too! ;)