Author Topic: @Diadem of Maunstraut ~playthrough~ [spoiler alert!]  (Read 2437 times)

Offline eric

• Mace Masher
  • Yo
@Diadem of Maunstraut ~playthrough~ [spoiler alert!]
« on: October 08, 2012, 02:34:58 pm »
 :biggrin: Classic! Love it, matches up to the other kingsfield's gameplay and terms pretty well. I love the respawning man eater and termites in the field which allow you to grind levels for the caves, I love all the little secrets available in the start too, I found the key to surviving those skeletons with robes that do like 80 damage to you is getting the leather armor and the mace and grinding up a bit (fun!!!!)

Gripe: Okay so i have to hug the wall to the left in the cave to get to the guy to tell me there is a key in the field because there is mr zombie right there who will lunge at you and pretty much gank you in 1 hit! D: (haven't tried the def buffs yet) so I got the key got the armor and boots now I'm a baddie and I'm gonna search the cave some more (definitely not strong enough to take the two giant man eaters)

but i did dash over for the chest and got the gold :P

after that i will venture on into the unknown past the door (if it's unlocked with the key the old man gives you) hopefully i'll be able to cuz that jelly fish looks scarey! D:

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
Re: @Diadem of Maunstraut ~playthrough~ [spoiler alert!]
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 01:14:39 am »
I'm glad you're digging it! Its been so long since I made it, (and having done quite a few things since then) I actually don't remember much of the game...

Now the music, THAT I remember. :)

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline eric

• Mace Masher
  • Yo
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 10:59:32 am »
I haven't gotten around to playing it recently.. more updates soon!

hey would you happen to know how to get the menus in som_ex to appear properly? and how to get som_db to work at all in som_Ex?

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 03:10:30 pm »
Mick on his Some Ex website would be able to let you know. SOM doesn't even work on my computer for some reason (which explains why my most recent game is screenshots of SOM only)

« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 03:12:42 pm by Hguols »

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline eric

• Mace Masher
  • Yo
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 03:33:45 pm »
i see, thanks for the info

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 10:02:57 am »
I'm glad you're digging it! Its been so long since I made it, (and having done quite a few things since then) I actually don't remember much of the game...

Now the music, THAT I remember. :)

That seems like a blessing Tom, now you can go back through the game and actually enjoy it without knowing all the secrets :) 
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder