Author Topic: A tad bit at a loss (Possible spoilers)  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Asael

• Dagger Carrier
A tad bit at a loss (Possible spoilers)
« on: August 05, 2012, 08:31:11 pm »
*Spoilers Below*

Okay so I've been wandering around Melanant  for days now. I've obtained two of the three light crystals so far, one from the coliseum, and the other from the giant spider down in the pirate cove on the west coast. Since then I've been at a loss of where to go or what to do next for the final light crystal.

I can't get into the water temple because I still can't find the aquarion boots. I imagine the journal of Atainius plays a key role in this, but no one reacts to it when I use it near any of the NPCs. So that lead has gone cold.

Can't get into the Fire cavern because of the copper knight figure standing in the way (can't tell you how many thing's I've tried on that lol).

Can't get into Thedek's Crown on the mountain due to the seal. I'm assuming I need a key item for the pedestal outside. Same goes for that place behind Harivine's castle.

Lately I've just been working on the job posting in the bar since that seems to be the only lead I have at the moment. I completed the fishing lure/lucky charm job for Jose, and the shipment retrieval for Celffy, but now I'm stuck on John Osbourne's job. I can't seem to find a way into the palace down in the mines. I'll walk in but the gate/spikes close down behind me while the two gates in front of me remain closed. I've tried just about everything I can think of with that area, from looking for any and all possible secret doors/switches in and outside the palace entrance, exploring the dark caves, etc. I did however find another separate cave behind the palace, but that leads me to another sealed gate in which I need some sort of key item for another one of those pedestals (like the one leading up to Thedek's mountain or the area behind Harvine's castle.

It's as if I am possibly missing or have overlooked a key somewhere (looks like the pedestals require an Orladin's key maybe or something similar?). Though I have literally been all over the island checking all the walls, barrels, graves, NPCs, and so forth but have come up empty handed. It's that sort of thing where I'm beginning to wonder if some critical item has glitched out of the game or has just simply fallen into the ether lol.

Have I overlooked anything, or is it something else? Any help would be appreciated.

I haven't had this much difficulty with a game since the first Zelda when trying to find that false wall in Gannon's dungeon. I guess that's why I really enjoy King's Field =P
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 12:19:11 pm by Asael »
In the words of Socrates, "I drank what"!?!

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: A tad bit at a loss (Possible spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 08:44:57 pm »
I'm very sorry I never responded to this, I never noticed the post!

I just recently went on here to figure out the answers for someone else who had emailed me directly.

It has been so long I literally can't remember where the three crystals are, but I think maybe the large scorpion on the western shore has it?  You need the pirate key I think to get in the cave where he resides.

As for the other stuff, the key to volcano area is in the water palace, the boots to reach the water palace are in the earth caves. I can send you maps if you would like?
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder