Author Topic: Game mentioned as "like King's Field" - Hungry Ghosts  (Read 56521 times)

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
Re: Game mentioned as "like King's Field" - Hungry Ghosts
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2015, 05:28:51 am »
I'm trying to finish my PhD by May, and that has to take priority with most of my time.

Worst excuse ever!! Prioritizing important real life stuff over a video game translation project! What is the world coming to?

:beerchug:

Offline AirMage

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2015, 05:54:15 am »
any news? almost 5 months passed already/
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 12:10:02 am by AirMage »

Offline Mord of Swoonlight

• Lord Veyrac's Illegitimate Son
  • Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2015, 05:36:51 pm »
Hi,

No real 'news' yet - but it's not at all a dead project.  I've hit an unavoidable, but temporary, bottleneck in my time in real life that I knew was coming.  Some progress has been made, but of course it's an enormous translation project.  The good news (for this project, anyway) is that I will be completely free to work on things like this all summer. I may have a version that's far enough along (but missing some of the obscure parts) to send to a play tester to check for missing/wrong bits in June or so.  It's currently mostly playable (in English anyway) for the first couple areas, except for the 'gameplay instruction notes' at the beginning. 

So, until then,  :coffee:

Thanks for checking in

Offline AirMage

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2015, 12:09:38 am »
Hi,

No real 'news' yet - but it's not at all a dead project.  I've hit an unavoidable, but temporary, bottleneck in my time in real life that I knew was coming.  Some progress has been made, but of course it's an enormous translation project.  The good news (for this project, anyway) is that I will be completely free to work on things like this all summer. I may have a version that's far enough along (but missing some of the obscure parts) to send to a play tester to check for missing/wrong bits in June or so.  It's currently mostly playable (in English anyway) for the first couple areas, except for the 'gameplay instruction notes' at the beginning. 

Thanks for checking in
I just wanted to say what infinite silence in topic it is not good)) reminds me tales of vesperia ps3 project(which complete now))
good luck o/
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 01:20:51 am by AirMage »

Offline Gworzor

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2015, 02:34:02 am »
Hi,

Thanks for checking in

Thanks for the update.

Definitely looking forward to hearing about progress this summer Dr. Mord.

Offline Demifiend

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2015, 12:26:23 pm »
I am extremely excited about the translation of Hungry Ghosts. It looks like an awesome game and I really enjoy first person rpg's/dungeon-crawlers.

Offline Demifiend

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2015, 08:29:52 am »
Any update on the status of this?

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2015, 11:29:37 pm »
Hey Demifiend, thanks for checking in.  I'm still slowly chugging along on the translation, making progress when I can.  (I recently moved across the country, which slowed things up a bit.)  At least slow progress is better than no progress!  ;)   

Offline Demifiend

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2015, 07:51:51 am »
Hey Demifiend, thanks for checking in.  I'm still slowly chugging along on the translation, making progress when I can.  (I recently moved across the country, which slowed things up a bit.)  At least slow progress is better than no progress!  ;)   

Thanks for the update!

Is there a rough estimate of when this will be completed?

And if you need someone to test what you have translated so far, let me know, I'd be more than glad.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 03:41:13 pm by Demifiend »

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2015, 03:01:53 pm »
I know better than to announce a specific date or anything, ha.  But I think I'm on track to finish the version for testing sometime in late summer.  Thanks for volunteering to help test things out!  I don't anticipate sending anything out until the first-pass translations are all done.  :dazed:  (I did a basic check myself, to make sure my changes work, which is when I made those teaser videos.)  But I will definitely be relying on testers at that point to iron out the wrinkles.  I'll send a message around when it gets to that stage.     :devo: