Author Topic: Game mentioned as "like King's Field" - Hungry Ghosts  (Read 56518 times)

Offline Mord of Swoonlight

• Lord Veyrac's Illegitimate Son
  • Silvarion Slasher
Re: Game mentioned as "like King's Field" - Hungry Ghosts
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2014, 05:29:14 pm »
Finished another huge block of menu stuff yesterday.  The item entries were similar to, but not the same as, the block I did a ways back.  So I think this one is maybe the descriptions that show up on screen when you obtain items.  Or something. 

There are still a couple more massive 'system' chunks that need to be done, like the in-game notes that describe how to play or give various tips.  Then there are the remaining NPC dialogues, etc.  I'm at 23% finished by the last count.   

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2014, 03:52:50 am »
Haven't worked on this in the last couple weeks, since things have been insane with my day job.  To make up for it, and to celebrate this being my 100th post on the forum, I'll celebrate by giving everyone a little treat! 

Here are some videos of the game with the current (first pass) translations.  Enjoy!   :badteeth:

The intro announcement (this plays before the title screen.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpc-3rW6YPM

Here is where your character crosses the River of the Dead at the very beginning of the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAvulIDmn2w

And finally, here is a little gameplay teaser.   :biggrin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_t5eEyAHrc

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2014, 05:22:19 pm »
Those look so good!
I swear, this game has a level of artistry that very few PS2 titles matched. It reminds me of same sort of poignant feel in Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Just great!

Offline Black Hood

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2014, 10:25:55 pm »
I am so impressed with how far this has come! Thanks so much for the effort. I'm so glad! I didn't get very far with my attempted playthrough two years ago. Amazing work!

Offline AirMage

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2014, 07:39:28 am »
Mord of Swoonlight wanted say thx for translation this game) i waited soo much ^^ good luck in that project)

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2014, 05:01:01 pm »
Hey, welcome AirMage!  And you're welcome!  I'll try to keep posting updates here, so do check back occasionally. 

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2015, 03:47:48 pm »
This is looking awesome so far! Great work! I really, really look forward to being able to play this in English! :D

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2015, 02:24:28 pm »
Mord tends to pop in here every now and then so it may be awhile before he sees your message. I hope he's still going, but sadly most translation projects fizzle out. There was a project for Moon RPG (PS1) a while back that I was really looking forward to.  It sounded like the project was almost done, but apparently it died.

If you read this Mord, and have been struggling to finish the project I hope you release what you've completed so far. Even a partial translation should make it far easier to play for English speakers.  :beerchug:

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2015, 04:22:02 pm »
Don't worry - the project is NOT dead!   

As HwitVlf said, I'm not logged in every day, so don't despair if my updates are sparse.  I am indeed still working on the translation, but the pace has slowed drastically recently.  I'm trying to finish my PhD by May, and that has to take priority with most of my time.  On the positive side, though, I have finished a few minor text blocks.  I should have a bit more time in the next couple weeks, so I'll try to give a better update soon. 

Thanks for all of your continued interest, everyone!

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2015, 09:32:58 pm »
You get two thumbs up from the uber-cool department  :beerchug: