Author Topic: So I finally got me a PS3...  (Read 6899 times)

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
So I finally got me a PS3...
« on: February 24, 2012, 11:35:50 am »
Got me a 320GB Slim PS3 quite cheap due to it being a floor model, so I've finally been able to play Demon's Souls! Been playing as a knight, and I've taken down Phalanx and Tower Knight, plus the red dragon, in addition to exploring the other areas a little. So far I very much love the game, and I often get the same feeling that I get when playing the KF games, despite DS being without a doubt its own game.

I'm going to start over though, because I made a lot of mistakes at the start. Like using a bunch of soul items just to go and get myself killed, and such. Not good. ;)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: So I finally got me a PS3...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 02:14:11 pm »
Wow, if you think youre getting the KF feel from demon's souls, just wait til you try out dark souls...or did you already play that on another console?  i cant remember ><
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 03:29:31 pm »
Yeah, I can't wait to play Dark Souls, but I've been really set on playing through Demon's Souls first. ;) I understand Dark Souls is, unlike Demon's Souls, a more open world, like we know from the King's Field games? :D

Also, soul level 20 now, just beat Tower Knight. Took both bosses on the first try this time, easy peasy. :D I'll be killing the red dragon soon, just got to get me enough arrows and perhaps one more upgrade to my bow. ;) Only died two times too, and those have been from stupid reasons. Fell down a cliff, and died at a blue eyed knight that I usually have absolutely no problems with. lol! ;D

I've got the Dark Souls for PS3 waiting patiently in my shelf. ;)

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 06:00:40 pm »
Well then, now I'm officially further than I was on my first save. One level higher(25), killed the red dragon, and killed Executioner Miralda - the latter I had not done earlier. That also gave me better armor, so there we go. :)

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 09:38:52 pm »
Dont worry about the soul items, i beat the game without using any. Later on you'l find some awesome grinding areas esp in the storm world.

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 05:25:01 am »
Okay, I've killed the Dragon God, and the Adjucator(can you say, "easiest boss ever"?), gotten the Lava Bow(loving it!), and I'm up to level 48 now. :D

@Verdite: I get between 10k and 15k souls in the first area of the storm shrine, so yeah, that is a really nice grinding area. :D I still find the soul items extremely useful, though. Especially those that give several thousand souls, like Storied and Legendary soul items. ;)

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 12:30:23 am »
Whats your close range weapon? Btw make sure to REALLY explore that first storm area!  :wink:

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 04:08:42 am »
Hey, I'm a King's Field fan - of course I've explored the area completely! Hehehe! xD

Seriously though, I've found the crow merchant, and Graverobber Blige(who's got cheap arrows, yay!), and probably all the items lying around, including the Regenerator Ring. ;)

My close range weapon is a Claymore . or currently, Crushing Claymore +2.

Also, seriously... the whole storm world has only got easy boss fights! First the Adjucator who only took about five or six arrows to kill, then the Old Hero who's blind and just randomly attacks anything but you, and then the Storm King - which is the only boss I died on here(once), but then I found the storm sword, so... About six hits on that boss too? :P

Killing those flying storm creatures/mantises makes for easy grinding! Collect almost 20k souls in about two minutes? Oh yeah! :D

Also just killed that woman in the church before I went to bed - another easy boss fight. I'm actually hoping for a harder boss fight soon, because I'm kind of disappointed. ^^;;;

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 01:36:38 pm »
Wow, 6 hits?

I wonder...
did they patch the game's difficulty?

Way back when I played DS it was the chinese import before it had been converted for Europe/US and that boss was nearly impossible without the sword.  Im very confused by the ease at which you are killing these guys off!

And yes, the open world factor was what i was referring to with the KF style gaming.  Man, the world in Dark Souls is  probably one of my top 3 world environments in any game ever made, in my opinion it beats out all the KFs (except Melanat) in quality of the structure for the environment.  Just wish the game was less frustrating =(
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 02:21:14 pm »
Same, i tackled most bosses in a very pro way  :cool: and got battered alot of times with the unpatched game. Yeah grind that storm king area, i went from lvl 60 to 80/90 in no time.

I hope i can make my game hard enough :)