Author Topic: The Field of Kings JOURNAL  (Read 21460 times)

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
Re: The Field of Kings JOURNAL
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2012, 03:14:37 am »
I'm slightly happy you're ill. :rofl:
Looking forward to playing through this, so with that little left, I'm getting slightly excited up here in Norway. ;D

But seriously, I do hope you get better soon. :)

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2012, 11:25:23 pm »
I know I was too!!!  ( ^ - ^)

Well, I miscalculated a little bit.  I'm at 152 images and counting...  of course, some of that was some improvisation on my part.

No doubt, you will all hate the last boss.  There are 24 images associated to dying from him.  He's rather nasty. 

I should finish the rest of the images for the final area, credits and ending tomorrow...

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2012, 04:21:09 am »
No doubt, you will all hate the last boss.  There are 24 images associated to dying from him.  He's rather nasty. 
Damn! Sounds like it, yeah! o.o

Then again, all the more fun when you kick his ass. ;)

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2012, 02:52:20 pm »
Well, the game has been released for a few days now.

I've been trying to advertise it in some of my spare time.  Because of this, the youtube video previewing the gameplay went from 40 to 700+ views overnight.  Its now over 900.

The Opera Mobile community is pleased.  They published a news article on how the game works in Opera Mobile.  I would also like to mention that out of all the other browsers available for the Android 2.2, Opera Mobile (not the mini version, the full one)

Here's the article!
http://my.opera.com/chooseopera/blog/2012/06/13/gaming-in-opera-mobile

Feedback overall has been positive, but I haven't heard much feedback about how enjoyable the game actually is.

I'll post more appropriate news later.
:)

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2012, 11:39:42 am »
Congrats on completion, ill play this when i have my PSP again.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2012, 12:16:02 am »
I'm going to download this and give it a try tonight. I've got a lot going on right now so I'm running behind!!
About how long does it take to beat?

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2012, 07:25:07 pm »
If you know where all the bosses are, I'd say less than an hour.

I hope you enjoy it!

I would recommend familiarizing yourself with each area, enemy and boss (location), THEN go for an endgame run.

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2012, 10:21:22 pm »
I have an update.  There's good news and bad news.

First, the bad.  There was a mistake in my coding toward the end of the game.  Long story short, it was impossible to get to the last boss the legitimate "beat all the bosses" way.  (I tested more the "non-legitimate" way to beating the game.  Yes, there's a secret to getting to the last boss very quickly.)  The good of the bad news is that it was only accessing the last boss which was flawed.  Everything else was fine.

The good news is, I fixed the problem completely.  All the files/links/online-game on thefieldofkings.com website are fixed and updated.  None of the file sizes changed because it was a simple line of coding that got overlooked.  Its all good now. 

The bad of the good news is there's no patch so to speak.  It requires a re-download, and re-install.  My sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Some more good news, I've had multiple people ask me... how long does it take to beat the game?  Well, I decided to find out... and document it.

Here's a video of a The Field of Kings speedrun so to speak.  How long it takes from the start of the game, to unlock the seal to The Ineffable King Edward (last boss).  Surprisingly, it was just a little over 12 minutes.  I'm guessing with beating the boss, assuming you knew exactly what you were doing (much like in this video) it would barely be more than 13-14 minutes to completely beat the game.  Be wary of spoilers.  This video reveals boss locations and quite a few enemy weak spots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlpJ4m5edw8

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2012, 06:02:35 pm »
I actually think watching this speedrun makes the game more enjoyable for me. I won't remember exactly where all the hit boxes are so there's still a challenge, but now I understand there's a logic behind where they're placed.  I enjoy the exploration aspect and dying often was interfering with that flow.  Do enemies respawn?

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2012, 07:32:07 pm »
Enemies do NOT respawn.  However, being that there's not a save function on the game, in effect, they all come back when you (re)start the game.  As long as you're in a game's session though, enemies do not come back.

Well, at least not the ones you can kill...