Author Topic: The Field of Kings JOURNAL  (Read 21459 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: The Field of Kings JOURNAL
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2012, 07:19:30 pm »
Sorry my appearances here are sparse as of late, but I am still anxiously following your game Tom.

I also am going ot look into installing that plugin this week for the forum and mobile posting ;)
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2012, 01:45:06 pm »
Sorry my appearances here are sparse as of late, but I am still anxiously following your game Tom.

I also am going ot look into installing that plugin this week for the forum and mobile posting ;)

Fantastic!  Sounds great Todd!

I have The Cavern area complete.  I just have to add in all the hotspots.  3 areas left to go after that!

I couldn't help but notice how the Adventure Maker program runs whenever it has to load a different area folder.  Its seriously like the hour glass show for a good 30+ seconds, and my computer, while not cutting edge, never has to wait 30+ seconds for anything....

Something very good that I got working last night.  The game works on my Android mobile phone!  My mom confirmed that the game works on her iphone4 as well!

While the game works on the iphone 4 native browser, the soundtrack does not.  Neither the game or soundtrack work on the Android native browser, but using the Opera app, both work extremely well.  I'm hoping that the Firefox app for the iphone 4 works just like Opera does for the android.

Thanks to an Android file manager app, it is possible to play the game from the memory/SD card.  I'm hoping there's a similar option on the iphone4.

Oh, and if anyone here has an iphone (1-4) and is willing to test the game, please e-mail me:
thomas@thefieldofkings.com

I'd love to hear from you!

I also made an entire project backup.  I've backuped (and am still backing up) the images, but now that I'm backing up the entire project as well, I won't have to worry about losing all my hotspots work should something terrible happen.

( ^ - ^)

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2012, 08:47:16 pm »
Finished the cavern!  61.5mb is the total game size now.  2608 is the number of files for the game now.

Three areas left!  The Dungeon Temple, The Blood Palace and The King's Castle.

Those who have seen the map, I might make one change to the temple area.  One area will be a bit too roomy and nonsensical for the point and click genre. 

I might start to work a little on the website too.  I'll have to have that running for anyone who wants to play a game.  Based on the fact that the game isn't self explanatory, I think introducing playing instructions on the website might be good.

I might have a brief period of inactivity.  I just bought a house and moving will happen probably next week.  I shouldn't be slowed down too much, but I'll never know until I actually do it...

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2012, 10:03:41 pm »
I did a lot today!

Well, I did an odd job and made some decent pocket money.  I also got probably half the area done for the dungeon temple, and also....  got the website up and live.

Its still technically under construction.  None of the download links work, but that's really all the site is missing.  There's a scrolling marquee with a lot of new screenshots. 

The website should answer any questions you may have about the game.

Also made a really nice banner for the game/website as well!

What do you think?
( ^ - ^)

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2012, 09:49:57 pm »
I did and I did!!! ( ^ - ^)

In my spare time tonight, I put together a video preview of the game.

This is a video sample of The Field of Kings game, touchscreen/smartphone/vita version.  This is the same game resolution and audio sound quality as what's available for smart phones. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgAk6Y_Cj5M

Recorded in the PC firefox browser, hence the mouse.  (it would have been a lot harder to follow what was going on if recorded on a touchscreen)

Youtube did blow up the resolution a bit, but it doesn't look too bad. 
It certainly gives the right idea.

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2012, 05:44:17 pm »
Well, I'm almost done with The Dungeon Temple images.  I still have yet to put them into the application and code the hotspots...

I'm mentally and physically exhausted because I'll be packing and moving throughout the next several days.  I've had a little time to work on the game, but not a whole lot.

My internet will probably be down for a few days until I can get it setup.  Its not real loss in progress because I can work on this project offline, and post here from my phone.

Still, I'm getting there!

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2012, 07:22:50 pm »
Tom, everything is looking good, again Im sorry about the delays, life has been horrid busy with our big show coming up next week at work.

I PROMISE I will have a look at that addon by next week and get it implemented!
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2012, 07:18:08 pm »
I mentioned it in the FAQs thread, but thanks again Todd for setting this up!

FINALLY... I got the images done for The Dungeon Temple. I must admit, even with work and moving, I honestly have been slacking a little bit as well. (sometimes only putting in 15 minutes of work in a day)

This area is by far the biggest, with 349 images.

...anyway, I got the images done, now its a matter of coding everything in the adventure maker program....

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2012, 09:02:58 pm »
FINALLY! I got the dungeon temple area DONE, as in put in the game and playable. Its tested as well, and only a few minor corrections I had to fix.

My apologies as I had a few delays with hampered game progress. My excuses?

For one, bought a house. Moved into that house. (I have plenty of room as its a 5 bedroom. My wife and I have to look for each other sometimes. That takes time.) For two, my wife just had surgery. Her gall bladder had to go. I neglected my computer to wait on her but she's recovered enough now to be pretty independent. I rekindled my passion for Dark Souls on the PS3. I got to admit - I devoted some time there rather than building this game....
A full time job and life on life's terms, 15 minutes here, 1 hour there, none here... time on the game has been sparse...

However, things should start picking up again.

Including this area the total PSP game size is 77.5mb,
3,312 .a files... 7 areas COMPLETE. 2 to go!

91 different enemies to encounter in the game so far. This counts bosses but does not count NPC or immortal enemies. Every non-boss enemy is encountered twice.

Once again, I have a FAQs section up on thefieldofkings.com website. If anyone has any questions about the game, please e-mail me or ask me here! If its not already featured, I'll mention it on the site! (though some of the questions, I won't know the answer to until the game is completed... like how long did it take to make the game and how many images are there.)

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2012, 10:49:58 pm »
Well, I have the scenic images done for the blood palace. There's a lot of them. (246) ....by the time I add the 3 images per enemy encounter (the fight, the win, the death) animated area gifs, etc. it will probably be pretty close to 400.

I think I might have to improvise just a little from my original plan, but I'm not really sure. I'm running out of enemy sprites so I'm trying to ration them without it appearing like I am.

I think I'll be ok. I've got a few ideas to spark things up a bit.

My wife works this holiday Monday, but I have it off. Apart from doing some chores, I should be able to put in some quality work on the game.

Naturally, when my wife gets home, not so much. I want to try to spend time with her.
:P