Author Topic: Any known problems running King's Field on Windows 7?  (Read 4840 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: Any known problems running King's Field on Windows 7?
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 08:36:14 am »
Agreed, though Verdite's work on new enemies has really improved the AI, attack speed and so on of newer made enemies (not sure if SomEx is involved in that). 

It wouldnt be hard to make the enemies in that game hit harder and have more hit points, but to make them move more quickly would require completely new enemies as from what I can tell its mostly all in the animation that controls their maneuverability in combat.

If you would like the source code for KF1 to remix their difficulty I would be glad to get it to you....oh and welcome to the forum!
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 07:55:49 pm »
Yeah, hi zen, and welcome to the site!  I think we all can agree that the KF remake left a lot to be desired. I guess it was meant to be more of a demo for Sword of Moonlight than a well balanced game. The "Stone Face" enemies at the end Boss were even set so high that they fired over the player's head.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 08:26:01 pm »
Remixing the "remake" is fairly low hanging fruit. Fans could've done that when SOM was new if they'd wanted to.

The original is not so different. Maybe stun is not so easy? Maybe the hit radii is smaller like in KF2? But the AI is pretty much the same. In fact every bug you find in SOM you'll find in KF2. It's like it was ported to PC bugs and all.