Author Topic: King's Field Additional I & II Soundtracks  (Read 11671 times)

Offline 8bitninja

• Bow Bearer
King's Field Additional I & II Soundtracks
« on: December 17, 2011, 10:32:42 am »
Say what you will of the rather disappointing PSP versions of King's Field but the music is fantastic. Remixed and moody versions of already stellar and atmospheric tracks from earlier King's Field games is nothing, and I mean nothing, to sneeze at. I have a lot of rips and original soundtracks for the KF games but nothing more than two or three tracks from the Additional series. I would really like to have it though so I was wondering if any of you fine gentlemen and good knights is sitting on some music from the two Additional games. If so, please let a fellow fan know. Cheers!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 05:51:20 am by 8bitninja »
Let strength be granted so the world might be mended.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: King's Field Additional I & II Soundtracks
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 02:11:19 am »
Sounds like a plan, should probably get them added to the KF anthology download on this site anyways.

Ill see what I can find.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline 8bitninja

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 03:49:05 am »
Sounds like a plan, should probably get them added to the KF anthology download on this site anyways.

Ill see what I can find.

You're the man, uh, the king!

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 11:48:10 pm »
well i spent most of my evening trying to get you something useful from KF Additional 1.

I was able to rip several hundred sound files but very few actually sounded like KF at all, and none of them match up to any of the sound clips I hear on youtube.

I believe KnightTeen87 described the same thing, that the tracks contained in the at3 files were from other games, most of the music is techno...

I will try to parse the tracks I think may be KFA tracks and post them on here tomorrow night, but it would be nice if I could at least verify one track out of this 300 track list.

Maybe ill have better luck with KFA2, afterall I thought it was supposed to have a nearly identical sound track?
Site Founder

Offline 8bitninja

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 01:25:16 am »
well i spent most of my evening trying to get you something useful from KF Additional 1.

I was able to rip several hundred sound files but very few actually sounded like KF at all, and none of them match up to any of the sound clips I hear on youtube.

I believe KnightTeen87 described the same thing, that the tracks contained in the at3 files were from other games, most of the music is techno...

I will try to parse the tracks I think may be KFA tracks and post them on here tomorrow night, but it would be nice if I could at least verify one track out of this 300 track list.

Maybe ill have better luck with KFA2, afterall I thought it was supposed to have a nearly identical sound track?

They do have different soundtracks and I have yet heard any techno when playing the games but then again I haven't been getting all that far since it's all in Japanese.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 04:34:51 pm »
Ill see if I can make sense of these tracks, I found a few on youtube today finally.

I will get KFA2 when im done with the first.  Anyone have the iso uploaded somewhere easy to find?
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 10:08:02 pm »
Dont forget that you can rip audio from videos...  :eek:

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 09:03:35 am »
Trouble is most of the videos from youtube are from the dark side box set which had songs labelled as King's Field additional tracks that were not actually in the game...so I think people get the misconception that the KFA music is actually really good when in fact listening to it, I find it rather drab.  The tracks from the darkside are all remixed music from the original 4 games, but im 99% certain none of these is from KFA - the KFA stuff is all 1 minute or less and more or less just eerie overtones than actual melodies.

I could be wrong though, i havent played through them, just scoured through a few areas to see if I was right about the tracks.
Site Founder

Offline 8bitninja

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 12:54:18 pm »
You are wrong. Check the youtube video, it is the same songs playing in my game. For example Floor 2 in KFA 2 is a remix of the KF4 main theme with piano. Insanely good.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 01:36:10 pm »
If it wasnt for the KF4 soundtrack, i doubt id be here right now. I used to love listening to the music in the KFA2 pub on my psp.

Wheres that dragon boss from in the video? I got to the point where i met the king, and then got seperated from him.

http://youtu.be/x7xOYfwviSc <-- I much prefer the original
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 02:03:15 pm by Verdite »