Author Topic: Death Fountain  (Read 5864 times)

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
Death Fountain
« on: September 16, 2011, 03:25:25 pm »
I was wondering... has anyone else killed the giant plants at the death fountain? I must admit, it wasn't easy...
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. :ninja:

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Death Fountain
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 07:45:26 pm »
I did eventually kill them. Tried melee attacks with circling around without luck, finally exhausted my magic resources and got them with ranged spells. Me like level ups!

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 09:23:39 pm »
If I hadn't used the truth mirror on it I'd never of known they could be killed. I just stood back and shot fireballs at it and about a thousand shots later it died, lol. I must admit this is quite a challange, I've never gotten past any of the elemental lairs yet. I always get mad when I'm out of healing items and quit, 4th time trying now, lol.
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. :ninja:

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 01:22:33 am »
all i did to kill them is lvl till the mace i had was a real fast swing then hit it over and over till it died..if ya time it right it cant attack ya at all.. its a lil cheap but effective. took about 5 to 10 min per plant but did it before leaving the area basically

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 01:48:44 am »
Ha, I tried with a weapon but always ended up making a mistake and getting smooshed :Nemo_death:

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 09:45:36 am »
Ha, I tried with a weapon but always ended up making a mistake and getting smooshed :Nemo_death:

Thats why we have spells. If you miss a swing then shoot a spell. That's what I always do and it works well. Anything to avoid being hit in DoM is a good idea, lol.  :biggrin:

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 07:42:25 am »
A quick question about DOM

At the start of the game, if you venture around you'l find a group of ants looking like they are 'finishing off' the skeleton there, just before you get the mace.
How did they stay stationary until they see you? Is there a setup for this?

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 04:12:37 pm »
Just saw this post, I was determined to kill them first thing at level 1 when I played DOM (and did) because thats the first thing I do in King's Field is kill the mama kracken. 

A fun fact Im curious if anyone knows, how many levels do you get if the first thing you do is kill mamma kracken?

I used to have a video on youtube of the feat being accomplished but I wonder if anyone else ever gave it a go with any luck.  KF2 sure was alot easier to kill high end creatures early on due to the stun factor which Im thankful SOM has kept that way (instead of the KF3 style requiring x amount of hit points be dropped before the stun effect triggererd).
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 12:12:03 am »
Well I tried to defeat Mama Kraken at level 1 a bunch of times, but never succeeded  :drool:.
Her wiki article says her body gives  450 exp and head cap 150  which would mean +6 levels according to the KF2(Jap) level chart. Is that correct?

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 04:42:35 am »
@John: I've actually done that, but it's so long ago that I can't remember. Was back when I first played KF, which means... twelve years ago? :P