King's Field Related Games > Demon's Souls

Demon's Souls....

(1/3) > >>

Hguols:
A nice wedding present from my mother in law....  Hands me a PS3 and 21 games.  This being my first experience with a modern gaming system, it took some getting used to.

Got to admit, I've been an Oblivion junky for the past few weeks.  Its quite a bit like King's Field actually, I think.

I picked up Demon's Souls, expecting a little too much like King's Field, and I HATED it.  I thought it was linear, revolved around loss and more frustrating than difficult.  After talking with some friends about how they did on the game, and how it SHOULD be played, I started to get into it.

After I beat the first area, things really started to fall into place.  Now I see the King's Field in the gameplay (thought the atmosphere was always there) and I have a different attitude about the game.

I'm not that far, I'm a Soul Level 17, but things are going well.  I'm probably going to be playing this for quite some time....  especially since the character can level up to....  712?

scott:

--- Quote from: Hguols on September 09, 2011, 11:58:20 am ---Got to admit, I've been an Oblivion junky for the past few weeks.  Its quite a bit like King's Field actually, I think.

--- End quote ---

I've had Oblivion for about a year and a half and I still play it, lol. As soon as Skyrim (The sequel to oblivion) comes out I just may drop off the face of the earth for a few days. As for Demons souls I've never played it. All I got is a ps2 just collecting dust.

Guyra:
Oblivion is a fantastic game, and so is its predecessor, Morrowind. Also looking forward to the sequel, Skyrim. :)

And still wanting to play Demon's Souls... (No PS3.)

HwitVlf:
Most console games these days are annoyingly linear- caused by console hardware limitations, laziness, and the fact that many games use engines that are focused around linear construction (unreal etc). Red Faction Armageddon was a huge letdown after Guerrilla because it went with the standard 'rat in a maze' mode. It takes away the sense of exploration which was a huge part of what I liked about KF.

I'm looking forward to Skyrim too, bloodmoon just didn't do justice to the Nords like morrowind did for the Dunmer. I liked Oblivion quite a bit too, but there were a few significant problems like everything leveled up with you which took away a sense of accomplishment and I still remember being bummed when I got the unbreakable lock pick after having dumped a lot of levels into the lockpicking skill.

If anyone is interested, Bethesda was giving away free copies of Arena and Daggerfall last I heard- both should run good with dosbox. Also, Arkane studios (makers of Arx Fatalis) merged with Bethesda and are making a game called Dishonored if anyone is interested.

dmpdesign:
Definitely interested thanks for the tip.

Tom, add me on your psn - dmpdesign - i can probably help you beat up some bosses if you get stuck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version