Author Topic: PRF Editor v1.6  (Read 28829 times)

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: PRF Editor
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2011, 02:51:01 pm »
Just to say i'm writing descriptions for all SoM's sounds. Its a pain but quite funny too, so im taking it bit by bit. Ive covered about 250 already.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2011, 09:45:58 pm »
I know translating the original sound descriptions was 'interesting'. They were mostly phonetic descriptions of the sound that didn't make sense to Western ears. Something like "Bell schawaa shcwawa"  :bowl: .

When you are done with naming, if you're interested you could send me the list and I might be able to make the editor display the names next to the 'play-sound select arrows'.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2011, 06:42:43 am »
That would be a very cool feature. Some of the descriptions i'd done made me laugh when i went over them again. Theres some really crazy stuff amongst it all, including duplicates. Destroy dupli-someting!  :smash2:

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2011, 06:08:17 am »
John is there a way to fix the defence modifier so it will only work at a certain range, i noticed with the skeletons they'l guard even if you swing your weapon from about 5 meters away. Maybe have it so that the enemies can only see you at a short distance?

Has anyone else setup defence break enemies?

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2011, 06:44:15 pm »
I don't know of a built in way to set a range on the defense animation trigger.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2011, 06:19:38 am »
Well it was worth asking. Thanks John.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2011, 02:17:01 pm »
So last night i decided to mess around with the 'Hit End' in the prf editor, i used SomEx's debug text to be able to see the exact damage i was doing, i put the hit end of my handaxe up by ten, so the first hit was 23 and the hit end was 33 for example. With the skeletons having a short hit recoil animation the axe hit them three times at 80 damage per hit.

Can anyone think of a weapon that could be used this way? Something that hits thrice but can do so in one swing? Im thinking something quick, maybe a curved sword or a 'sharp ring' weapon. It would be handy for dealing with pesky weaker enemies.

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2011, 04:25:35 pm »
Hmm, I'm automatically thinking about multiheaded flails:

Perfect for crushing them bones! :smokin:

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2011, 02:42:33 pm »
Thats a nasty piece of weapon! Id probably position each flail head so that it hits in sync. Thanks :)

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2013, 07:50:43 pm »
Dont mean to necro, but this is pretty important for anyone who doesnt know. The attack angle in the .prf editor is hit radius, rather than direction.

My mistake was to think of the 0-360 indicator as a full pie chart. Turns out it is two seperate 180 degrees charts.

If you have a vertical weapon swing, dont indicate it as 90, it should be 10 based on how wide it is. Thats where i went wrong  :sick[1]:

Right now there is no way to set the attack damage direction correctly. You can have an animation attack that hits at 40 degrees (0-360 pie chart), and have a 45 damage radius, but that means you will also hit at 140 degrees (0-360 pie chart) :dazed:

I discovered this when testing my new spear animation. Its ideal hit radius is 5.

0-360 pie chart I was using:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 08:20:13 pm by Verdite »