Author Topic: PRF Editor v1.6  (Read 28833 times)

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
Re: PRF Editor
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 10:51:21 am »
It dosen't look too much like it, but the basics of it is like a warlock. I'll post a screenshot of a warlock just for compairison. (and by the way LS was an unofficial addon. Bethesda didn't make it.)
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. :ninja:

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 11:57:08 am »
Thanks for finding the screenshot. It looks quite cartoon-ish espcially around the skull. Reminds me of 'Grim' from maximo.

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 08:42:20 pm »
Who said I found the screenshot? I took that screenshot, lol. (I'm just teasing :biggrin:)
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. :ninja:

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 12:37:37 pm »
Wolf some of my spells are 'flipped' 180 degrees (in terms of attack direction.) but my CPS are facing the correct way.

any ideas?

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 05:35:24 pm »
If you mean the spell projectile is launched in the right direction but is 180 backwards, it's probably a player FX being cast by an enemy. Some SoM FX models are single sided and the invisible side is supposed to face away from the player, but if you swap player/enemy FX, the invisible side faces the player.

If you mean the spell is being launched in the wrong direction (toward the enemy instead of toward the player) then it's likely the cpgen bug. I haven't done a lot of testing on the bug, but it seems that SoM requires CP triangles to be listed in numerical order of the 'green channel' in the CP file- 0,1,2,3,30 etc and cpgen uses some other ordering - maybe the order you create the CP triangles in. You can drop your MDL on cpgen and see if it's CPs are listed out of numerical order.

If neither of those are the problem, feel free to send me the files and I'll see if I can figure anything out :)

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 06:16:53 pm »
So the problem is that projectile shoots behind the model. (Second asessment) I shoulda been more clear. Anyway it just shows you how comfortable i am posting in this forum.

Actually i created my CP's in the right order too. They are all listed as CP 0 (as in 0 in the green channel) mainly because of the reorganisation of my CP numbers in previous mdls making it alot of trial and error work finding which CP was where. Ive attached the process for cpgen.

Strange thing is that my previous mdl with exactly the same CPs sends the spell forward properly.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 07:40:07 pm »
Ha, you were clear, I just tend to 'over answer' questions  :tongue:

Make sure you're using the latest cpgen and x2mdl, there was a bug where it was sometimes 'rounding' the vertex colors which was making them come out with incorrect values. The CP printout looks like it was missing part of the required CP set- you have four green=1 and a single green=3, instead of a matched set like green=0 and green=1, 2&3 etc.  SoM may require even green numbers (0,2,4 etc) for spell start locations, and odd numbers for the second CP triangle that controls direction. That's what SoM's models use anyways, not sure if it's required.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 07:42:53 pm by HwitVlf »

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 07:18:02 pm »
John/Ben

I hate to ask, but I have given you guys the keys to the backends of everything som.com related, can we start moving these files to a domain hosted location for safe keeping and to keep people from having to rely on outside websites to find the files need to work with SOM tools?

You guys have done such great work on these addons and its a bit difficult currently to go searching for them through the posts, I know for sure Im probably not up to speed on many of the great things you guys have been doing.

Do we have a wiki page set up yet for these utilities?
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 10:15:05 pm »
Updated editor.

There's a stub article on SoM tools started here.
I plan on getting things mirrored locally soon. For now, everything should be listed in top post of the Addons topic.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2011, 07:38:31 am »
This is really quite something. First i saw the item prf editor in there - gonna save loads of time along with the hit range and the hit duration. I didnt know alot of that stuff even existed!

The texture converter works great for me, i used a 1024x1024 the size of the file is pretty fat though i thought it'd be something a wee bit smaller; it weighed in at 3mb.
I'm not complaining at all - this texture res increaser is incredible. Great work John and much appreciated by myself! (and im sure others too.)

Edit:

The swing model selection looks interesting. Could an entirely new swing be made?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 07:46:56 am by Verdite »