Author Topic: Round 2 with KFDD  (Read 5371 times)

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
Round 2 with KFDD
« on: July 09, 2011, 02:20:52 pm »
After my problems with the aquarion boots the 1st time, I just stopped playin it. Now it's time for round 2, lol I'm playin through it again.
now, the main reason I'm posting: Bugs.

the first thing I've seen was Raffy Foss(i think that was his name) can't be spoken to. It was a bit dissapointing not being able to shop there.

now the second thing: sould you be able to walk through the gate at the castle? (see screenshot below) I kinda doubt it but if you walk to the sides of the gate you can walk to the other side.

now, a minor bug with no advantages/disadvantages: I can run and jump out of a tower and land on top of the wall. nothing can be gained from doing this but its still something I'd still try to fix if other bug are being fixed. (v1.8 anyone? lol) Well thats all I got so far.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 02:40:28 pm by scott »
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. :ninja:

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
Re: Round 2 with KFDD
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 11:50:04 am »
(lol, those screenshots where bigger then I thought. I'll make sure they are smaller next time, lol)

I've got a few questions that i would like to ask and no spoilers unless I ask please.

1. do I need to buy the gold key or is there another key you can find somewhere? (a simple yes or no will work)

2. same as above but with the truth mirror, if you can find one I'd like the location too please.

I finally got the aquarion boots to work. the problem wasn't the boots, it was where I was looking. I was always looking the wrong way lol!

EDIT: He, he, I found the gold key. just need the mirror now...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 09:31:44 pm by scott »
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. :ninja:

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 10:39:29 pm »
If I recall it can be found in two places:

one can be found in a chest in the cave of darkness...in the same spot it could be found in KF1 (US)

another can be found on a drop off cliff area from thedecks keep just outside the gate and behind a tree.

sorry for the bugs...i coulda swore i fixed the shopkeeper being silent one, but Ill have to admit, the others definitely have not yet been fixed...ill do that when i add some new content to the game later on...for now...sorry :)
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 10:36:03 am »
thanks, I'll go grab one when I'm done here. One more question for now: I need a hint (such as the map, not exact location) of the key that opens the small stone chests. I've found a few of those in thedecks keep and in atainius' [temple?] (yeah, the water guy's place, lol)

a bit off topic but speaking of chests, I don't see the chest 1 looking thing when I look through the enemies models. I think i remember seeing it the 1st time I tried SoM, but I don't see it anymore. (I'm glad I gave SoM a 2nd chance... :biggrin: )

so far I'm 54.84% through, and I'm not gonna stop playin it untill I'm 100%. (even if I gotta cheat and ask where to find stuff here, lol)

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 05:38:18 pm »
I'm not sure exactly what happened but when I used the earth key and entered the door the screen began to flicker. After the flickering stopped the earth hammer was right in front of me.

Also, yet another bug: If you use the star gate to teleport out of the fountain area with the 4 keys the music will still be the same when you enter the map again. I'm not sure if you understood what I've just said but if you don't just try it and you will see. I'm sure the figure of guyra will provide the same bug as well.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 07:00:14 pm »
The 'flickering' is actually the video trying to load but the codec isnt installed properly, unfortunately this seems to be fairly common.

Depending on what OS youre using, you can try to download and install the codecs found on the DD page of the main site and see if that fixes the issue...the games 'videos' can be found in the \DATA\MOVIE directory in case you want to test the codec or view some videos you may not have been able to see so far.  If you are running windows 7 that codec may not work, I will talk to john about getting these vids converted to a format more widely supported =/

As for the 'mimic' creature that resembles a chest...I will see where the files are, not sure why they arent in the version of SOM you have.

Ill try to remember what key you need for those chests you mentioned and post it here in a bit.
Site Founder

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 09:08:04 pm »
After collecting all 4 weapons is there something else that needs to be done? when I talk to john nothing happens (other then the usual shop) and when i return to the fountain nothng else happens. and on the topic of the weapons, dos the water staff have a weapon spell or is my timing that bad?

oh, by the way, thanks for all the help. This is quite a good game.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 11:42:02 pm »
I am starting to forget alot of the details of DD (thankfully! - someday i wanted to play it from a perspective where i didnt know where everything in the game was) but i think the water staff does cast magic.

to be honest, there is nothing really additional to getting the weapons, i konw there probably should have been, but it really just assists in the overall story with your father and his history with orladin etc.  i was originally going to make it a requirement to inherit the powers from jonas to have all four weapons but i changed it instead to having all the magics.

the weapons are...really just a bonus section of the game and a way for people who know alot about KF3 to kind of understand how i wanted the story of DD to play out in the overall KF world.

thanks for getting as far as you have and the kind words, i tried to make the game as good as i could, but seeing the high standards of the new games being made sure does make it look dated ;)

were you able to get the videos to work?  i was proud of the earth hammer one lol.
Site Founder

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 12:41:24 am »
I'd be happy if you started up your project again Scott. I know you were struggling with the damage calculations. There's a different version of the calculator here if you haven't seen it.

I did some testing/investigation about the movie codec. Looks like Microsoft stopped distributing the needed Indeo5 codec from XP SP2 onward and the Indeo codec installers won't even work for Vista/7 (codec works, just not the installer). But the codec listed here should work if you have a 32bit system.

The Mimic chest was part of the addon enemies which were distributed separately by From. Their translation is included in my v1.2 translation patch.   
1-2-3

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 04:52:20 pm »
John, I really need to ping you to help me make sure i get a revamped installer page up soon, I would much prefer new users to be using your 1.2 translation set rather than the old stuff I have in that download.

Im unfortunately out of town again this weekend, but next week when I get back Id like to work on the main page of the site, the installation page and so on and might need your help sorting out the files etc to get everyone up to speed with a full working install of your newest patches including all the tools and so on.
Site Founder