Author Topic: Noob wanting to make a game  (Read 30891 times)

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Noob wanting to make a game
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2011, 05:15:13 pm »
Very welcome Scott, very welcome. I just hope you play more of Rathmor when its out and give me feedback! The longer sword looks real nice.

Tuft, use http://swordofmoonlight.com/bbs/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=498.0;attach=1103 this model as a guideline for size.

The most important thing to remember is to select every texture from the metasequioa texture folder, and to also have it in the tools folder. Take every texture out from there and put it in the items folder.

Also, make sure you rename the item to something you'l remember. Dont worry about the items not showing in the parameter editor, if they work in game thats the most important thing.  :wink:

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2011, 07:14:54 pm »
When i convert to mqo to an x file  do i want to check any of the boxes like uv mapping fer example or any other options?

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2011, 07:23:38 pm »
When saving the X file you'll want 'Normal Vector' and 'UV Mapping' checked. The rest you can leave as is.

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2011, 07:39:23 pm »
oki  trying it now.. hope it works..  iwant my items.. throw a virtual fit :crying:  :sweatdrop:  :razz:

grrrwar..  im still getting nuthin in the som viewer and nuthing in test mode either..  im running out of ideas  idk if the prf file is wrong or theres something off with the mdo file?  i dont get it  i dragged all the used txr and mdo over and still... dammit!!

ok im calm lol..  ok i see the item when i use the som tools.. but the game isnt puttin them in..  

question. can multiple mdo files share a txr file or do they all have to be unique even if ur using thesame txr?
example.. bracers mdo and head mdo sharing a marble1 txr file? i think ucan cause the som tool is reading all the mdo files fine

so since the som tools is reading the mdo file fine.. does that mean the problem is with the prf file in the hex editor? if so what am i doing wrong i wonder?  i open the 035 one frr example  rename the item to show in som parameters and put the mdo file in.. is there another step.. also when i save as it puts the prf file ina compatibility fie folder.. i have to move it from there to the prof folder.. maybe this is a windows 7 issue? idk help help lol

srry  .. hope im not being too much a pain in the ass :ninja:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 08:14:56 pm by sirtuftcat »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2011, 08:51:57 pm »
question. can multiple mdo files share a txr file or do they all have to be unique even if ur using thesame txr?
example.. bracers mdo and head mdo sharing a marble1 txr file? i think ucan cause the som tool is reading all the mdo files fine
Yep, multiple MDOs can use the same TXR file.

since the som tools is reading the mdo file fine.. does that mean the problem is with the prf file in the hex editor?
If you're seeing your MDOs in the ItemEditor, it means they're converting properly so the problem is probably in the PRF. If you post one of your edited PRFs, we can look it over.

Also, in the picture of your items, the scale looks like they might be too big. 100 metasequoa 'units' = 1 meter in SoM. Scale could cause a problem. You can resize them by 'select all > scale >proportional >[enter 0.9]> ok' until they look about right. You might have to move them to center afterwards.

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2011, 11:38:14 pm »
Hereis the hex edit sample and the prf file... the top file is the 035 to be used and then saved as like on the tutorial the bottom one is the helm prf which should let me see the file.. i reduced the images but som still doesnt seem to work but i still see them in item editor so im unsure .. also when i save as.. it shows the prof folder but puts the save as file in a compatability folder..

i might try entering the data from scratch. but i want ya to look at it first to see if any errors

prf file also attached

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2011, 12:20:34 am »
Looks like an easy fix- you just got the mdo's name shifted a little. The new name needs to start at the same place as the old name (hex 1f in this case) and continue on from there. Looks like you were ending on the same hex.
Try the fixed PRF attached.  :)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 12:32:59 am by HwitVlf »

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2011, 12:42:58 am »
wow!!  tht did the trick.. i cant belive how being off by 2 spaces made all the difference.. thats just crazy  but yep its working great now xdd ty ty again :doh: :dazed:

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2011, 01:34:51 am »
Ha yeah, computers are relatively stupid and can only work when things are 100% mathematically as expected.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2011, 05:51:19 am »
Ha yeah, computers are relatively stupid and can only work when things are 100% mathematically as expected.
Hehe! :smokin:

I'm pleased you sorted it out together. I'm sure this info will help other folks too.

Shortcut keys:

R = rect
Q = scale
W = wire
E = extrude
S = select
F = create
G = rope
B = magnet
V = move
C = rotate
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 07:09:30 am by Verdite »