Author Topic: Noob wanting to make a game  (Read 30896 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: Noob wanting to make a game
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 08:00:54 am »
'pester' as much as you can, the more activity we have on here the more useful this place becomes, and the more inspired people get working on their own stuff and helping out ;)
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 03:10:53 pm »
i think scotts mind reading.. ohh errie... :sweatdrop: and of course  .. ill give screens when i got something coolish to show off lol  i think i gotta figure out how to place ojects next but so far my comp hasnt givin me any problems  even with map testing..  maybe its cause asus knows their stuff.. giggles  my comp seems to automatically switch graphic modes to accomodate SoM.. im thankful fer that and way to go asus xdd but time will tell...  ohh dread  lmao  anyway ill keep workin  i almost have my temple basic layout done  which will act as the games central hub so to speak xd  and i think it ll also lead to the games final areas but ill figure all those details later 

... ohh  does bloody eclipse, or crimson eclipse, sond more appealing?  i was thinkin bloody originally but wonders if bloody is used a lot fer example theres the bloody checkers  so i may go crimson instead or something along those lines.. suggestions always welcome xd

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2011, 05:16:12 pm »
With the name, go with how it suits your game :)

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2011, 05:56:04 pm »
hmm  i cant seem to get signs to say anything .... im trying to add signs that will tell ya stuff like "temple quarters"  but i cant get the signs to say any txts  any solution to that?? 

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2011, 10:30:38 pm »
err nevermind lol i figured it out  :dazed: :cool:

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2011, 11:55:06 pm »
i think scotts mind reading.. ohh errie... :sweatdrop:

LOL!!!!   :rofl:
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. :ninja:

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2011, 03:23:55 pm »

It's a good idea to have one map as an 'event template'. In SoM, you make stuff happen by creating an "event". You will usually have events that need to be on every map (like Verdite's 'healing bottles' setup). If you make one empty map that has all those 'universal' events, you can copy (with events) and build your new map on the copy. That saves you having to repeatedly enter long events manually.

:smile:

a bit off topic (and very late asking...) but could you explain this a bit more? I've got a lot of items that require long events and this would save me much time, and may also save me from fixing a few bugs later.
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. :ninja:

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2011, 04:00:05 pm »
Ok i have to brag now xdd  ive been working slowly but surely and have done some cool things.. most r amature programming like making a sealed dooe and using a sword to open it  and signs that tell u stuff.. blah blah.. but im proud of my magic crystal eating altar!!  yep thats right.. i made an altar that eats crystals in exchange fer teaching u magic.  if u give it a fire crystal u learn fire  .. give it a water crystal u learn water magic ect.. and when u feed it all the crystals of a magic class like the fire class fer example, it ll open a door leading to a final  uber fire spell..  maybe this is amature too but considering this is my first ever programming experience  im proud of myself lmao..

err this game is turning into a full blown project fast  i wonder if i should keep posting here or in a game thread lol...

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2011, 07:55:40 pm »
 :cool: now the magic crystal eating altar gives all magic  controls 6 different seald doors and has 3 different messages based on how much it gets  im soo happy  hee hee  more to do yet though  soooo much more... and this is only 1 map.. well the central key but still.. wow  hee hee i love it  .. yeah i think i definitly need a game thread to update everyone cause im makin this a hobby xd...  i think im gonna go with Blood Moon Eclipse as the title and work from there xdd

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2011, 10:33:13 pm »
I know how ya feel about setting up bug free events, lol. I was so happy when I made a simple KF style flask/fountain setup, lol.
this is just a suggestion, but how about Lunar Blood Eclipse? Using "Lunar" makes (to me at least) give the title a bit more of a mystical feeling. I know it's kinda hard commin up with a title, I've thought of many of them for my game, mabey too many to remember, lol. So far my current title is Dragonic Legend, but I don't have much to say about it, and I'm putting it on hold untill I get the v1.2 patch workin.