Author Topic: Noob wanting to make a game  (Read 30893 times)

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Noob wanting to make a game
« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2011, 08:06:13 pm »
It would be fun to make a cream-pie attack spell as a gag.

The MDL and CP files are just animated models (doors, chests, traps, switches etc). You can move them if you want, but they are much harder to make custom replacements for than non-animated MDO models.  If you just want to remove parts from the editor list, all you have to do is move the PRF files somewhere else.

A little tip, if you right click on a PRF file and select 'always - open with Notepad', you'll be able to open PRFs like a text document and see the name of the part they go to as well as the MDO/MDL they use. You can't edit a PRF that way, but you can see the names.    :rainbow:

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2011, 12:37:40 am »
well since its just the item folder ill move them all fer now cause most of the items are also in objects folder but for now im not touching that..  even if i do ill likky just do some re labeling if i feel the need

thanks again and yesh would be a good prank...  i want to make a slinky attack too xdd

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2011, 09:40:40 am »
Wow! Thanks for this model Todd.

Ive been making, and will be making more of strange yet very useful mdls. Ill show you them soon.

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2011, 10:11:09 pm »
heres a treat fer ya all.. say hi to  the bloody eclipse...

one question.. theswing model .. the blade isnt showing the right color or transparancy and the settings seem exactlythe same as the item sword.. and the item sword shows almost perfectly? any ideas?

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #104 on: August 14, 2011, 12:04:50 pm »
The swing model, i believe, changes colour depending on the lighting in your game.

Placing a sky should add transparency, however ive not yet used transparency for any weapons.

Good work :)

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2011, 06:37:30 pm »
Very impressive! it makes what I've been workin on look like, well, crap. lol, I've never been much of an artist anyway so I never expected to make anything that made people way "wow" or something.

Well, I was gonna post this weapon else where but I guess I'll post it here. And yes, I know it still lacks a texture, like everything else I've made so far, lol! I would like an honest opinion about it, so if it looks really bad, just say so.

(I think I'm too hard on myself, but who cares? Makin fun of myself is just so much fun! :dazed: )
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. :ninja:

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2011, 11:01:03 pm »
my first impression is it would make a wicked spear tip xd and dont sell urself short.. just keep tinkering.. and yesh im havin a blast making stuff also.

now i just need to hunt for more good textures and stuff
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:05:46 pm by sirtuftcat »

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2011, 12:28:03 am »
cgtextures.com is a fantastic place to find textures for free!

i think all your guys stuff looks good, each individual style adds personality to your game in my opinion.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2011, 12:50:36 am »
hey thanks fer the comments and the site  ill be sure to look it up xdd.. this is all sooooooo much fun fun xdd...  cant wait fer all these games to come xddd.... :smile:

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2011, 06:36:14 am »
Very impressive! it makes what I've been workin on look like, well, crap. lol, I've never been much of an artist anyway so I never expected to make anything that made people way "wow" or something.

Well, I was gonna post this weapon else where but I guess I'll post it here. And yes, I know it still lacks a texture, like everything else I've made so far, lol! I would like an honest opinion about it, so if it looks really bad, just say so.

(I think I'm too hard on myself, but who cares? Makin fun of myself is just so much fun! :dazed: )
I'd say about 50% of a model is it's coloring/texture. Your model looks like a decent start and I can picture several different paths it could go when a texture is added- the 'barbs' on the side could end up multi colored feathers on a straight spear tip, or the whole thing could become a wicked looking short sword. Adding some 'curves' to break up the straight lines might be nice, but it all depends on what your
vision' is. You should add a texture and see what comes out.