Author Topic: Noob wanting to make a game  (Read 30894 times)

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Noob wanting to make a game
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 07:19:33 pm »
 :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ok well, good to know you've got a base idea.

Games take time. Have fun first, then get serious. This forum is the best place to be for info. You'l be grand.

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 09:31:32 pm »
well my first attempt to install som didnt go..  it asks me if this: does c: / program files / KF specify a file name or directory name on the target?  then i tryed both options then it says access denied unable to create directory c: / program files / KF..  err what do i do? or is thee a place in forums to see what to do?  help lol   

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 06:06:31 pm »
wimper whimper...  what do i do or where do i got to find out what to do?   :crying:

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 07:48:15 pm »
Are you installing SOM from a disk iso or from the installer I made on the main page?

If you are using the latter, it might be blocking you from copying the files due to account administration in vista/windows 7....to get around it, just manually copy the SOM folders over to the proper directory yourself (thats really all the batch file is doing anyhow) and be sure to run the registry when finished...

If you change the base directory of where its installing then youll have to modify the registry file accordingly before applying it so windows knows where the base installation directory resides.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, 04:32:00 am »
So you'l create a KF folder in your c drive.

If you need to modify the install location right click on the file with 'bricks' and click edit, if you need choose a program choose notepad.

If it asks to run click run.

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 03:38:55 pm »
ok i manually moved the kf folder to program files and ran the registry . my comp seems to have the msgothica already but do i need to replace it? and finally im not sure how to run the som .. i dont see an icon or shortcut or anything...  srry  im not too com saavy when it comes to older programs
 :sweatdrop:

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 03:46:30 pm »
ohh  nvm i got it to run..  Btw  i think ill call my game Bloody Eclipse  if that isnt takin and sounds good.. im open to opinions of course..  err  should i get all the add ons as well that r avaliable? or just start with what i have?  im sure ill have more issues before its all said and done but ill try not to pester ya all too much  :biggrin: anyway ty fer all ur help soo far xdd

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 11:55:06 pm »
ohh this is fun  just made my first map well a beginners version of it and so far nu glitches...  not sure how to make lams or set water yet but all in good time.. err should i still be replying here? giggles  anyway  just updating  if only a minor one xdd

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 11:00:26 pm »
wow, you got a whole map done? lol, it must just be me then, i get distracted every time i get onto my comp. i think i need to stop playin games and get workin on one of my own, lol

oh and by the way, feel free to pester us. that's why we're here. Now, about the add ons, just take what ya like. just make sure to give credit to those who made them. Bloody Eclipse, nice name. hmmmmm, red moonlight sword anyone? lol, just an idea I thought i'd toss out there....
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 11:10:44 pm by scott »
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. :ninja:

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2011, 04:51:37 am »
Sounds good!

Keep going and lets see some screenshots  :wink: