Author Topic: Screen shots  (Read 14905 times)

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Screen shots
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2013, 03:26:12 am »
An axe modeled after bronze/early iron age tools. 54 vertices and 512x512 texture - probably not actually going to be used as a weapon, just scenery- or maybe for a  mini game.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2013, 10:40:07 am »
Good, did you triangulate the faces yourself or did you use the triangulate faces tool?

I was once speaking to a Scottish man who had found an iron age axe head near to where he lives. It will be on display somewhere in Scotland now.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2013, 01:29:26 pm »
Most of the triangles came from me using "join vertices" with two corners on a square (trying to break the symmetry a little), but I did use "triangulate faces" at the end so that I could change the direction that some of the squares were being "cut" by using the wire tool.  :bowl:

Cool find! Did he discover the axe head in Scotland as in a Pict etc,  or was it southern as in Saxon/Roman?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 01:56:47 pm by HwitVlf »

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2013, 02:30:01 pm »
I really like how the axe blade merges into the leather.

Actually its pre dark ages, so probably somewhere between 800 BC to AD 43. I asked someone about what tribes would have inhabited the area and he didnt know.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 02:41:35 pm by Verdite »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2013, 12:46:48 am »
A couple sets of coins- top group ("Coins of the Old Kings") are more of a trade item than a game money unit.
130 vertices for the pile and a shared 256x512 texture.

Lower two are in-game currency, but I still hope to utilize trading more than "money collecting" to facilitate the player getting supplies.  So such coins will be rare in true "dark age" style.
76 vertices and a shared 256x256 texture.
 :biggrin:

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2013, 07:52:06 am »
Like cunes! Looking great, did you take the coin designs from your own collection?

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2013, 04:20:08 pm »
More like "I wished I owned". The coins are composites of elements from Northumbrian , Celtic and Greek coins. But I couldn't help myself  :biggrin: and put mostly intact copies of coins from Redwulf and Eardwulf along with a totally hammed up Hwitvlf equivalent. I expect the designs will be too small to make out ingame, so I was just having some fun  :wink:   

After walking around in a forest level from my game, I realized it was too "green" and somewhat mundane so I tried to make some colorful and exotic rarities to scatter about the area. This one is part of an "item harvest" puzzle.  I made it more symmetrical to contrast the forest's organic lines. I think I could get the polygon count down a bit, but it will probably work as is at 580 vertices, 256x512 texture.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 04:22:37 pm by HwitVlf »

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2013, 12:20:04 pm »
That plant is great! I see lots of colour vareity in there, i think the colours blend well. It looks like it has a defensive property, so will the plants spike you when you walk over them? Or are the eyes more butterfly based?

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2013, 04:55:40 pm »
Thanks for the input Ben :) The "spikey" look is just to explain why you need a skill to harvest the seeds, so no damage when you get near. I was going to do minor damage (1 HP) if the player tries to harvest it before learning the skill. That's just for ambiance not to penalize the player.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2013, 08:49:14 pm »
You guys are phenomenal at this, alas I pine for a day where I get to trudge through both of your completed masterpieces....even if I am 80 years old at the time :P
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder