Author Topic: Screen shots  (Read 14927 times)

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
Screen shots
« on: June 09, 2011, 03:46:52 am »
At the rate I'm going, it'll probably be 50 years before I finish my game, but I thought I'd post a couple screen shots of what I've been working on lately.

The working title is . . . (begin drum roll and manly echo voice) A REALLY SPIFFY GAME WITH DRAGONS AND SWORDS AND STUFF. But I'll probably go with a cool acronym ARSGWDASAS!! (hmmm might need a little work)

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Screen shots
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 07:15:49 am »
Looks good!!!

It'd be good to get a good acronym that you can rhyme off quick and remember like...

Drinc beer!

(Dragons roam in natural calamity be extatic everyone run!)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 08:04:45 am »
Very nice John, any game with Guyra in it has to be awesome :)

(favorite dragon of all time!)
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 04:49:55 pm »
Looks good!!!

It'd be good to get a good acronym that you can rhyme off quick and remember like...

Drinc beer!

(Dragons roam in natural calamity be extatic everyone run!)
HAHA LOL...
How about "Dude Riding A Giant Ostrich Named Sam Craves Only Dessert Pie, Instead Eats Canned Eggplant"
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 07:35:22 pm by HwitVlf »

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 09:02:48 pm »
Nice screenshots, and so far I like all the names. I wonder what name will be the final? HA HA HA!!!
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. :ninja:

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 06:15:04 am »
Love that one, how about...

Drink Rum And Go On Not Scotch Cause Often Dudes Puke In Environments Change Everyone Come Have A Few Enjoyable Shots - Rum Easily Aids Ligaments Bah Am Drunk

Peter Rivendale Often Lusted After Paulines Superior Elves

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 01:37:13 am »
One more. . .

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 02:35:46 am »
I have to say this looks fantastic! Can you tell us anything about the story? :)

Offline Creatura

• Austin Lyle Forester
  • Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 03:45:24 am »
This looks much better then I expected from SOM.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 02:39:06 am »
The story's setting only vaguely hints at a tie with Kings Field universe as part of a distant past when the world was ruled by a powerful and advanced kingdom. Ruins of the 'ancient kingdom' are found scattered across the countryside. They were once prized for the powerful artifacts which were occasionally found in them, but most have long since been looted by treasure hunters.

It's an era of chaos when self-appointed nobles and petty robber-chiefs squabble for power. The main character is just a commoner who is displaced during the chaos. He decides to try his luck by exploring the last ancient ruin that hasn't been fully plundered- the old royal palace on an island filled with dangers (cheap ripoff of Melenat  :biggrin:). He hopes to find the most sought after and powerful artifact of the old kingdom- the ancient king's sword which disappeared from history when the king was killed by one of his own generals. etc etc...  

It originally started with the player already at the ruins, but I decided to add a background story of how he got there. I hope to have multiple storylines and let the player decide which path they follow. For instance, the screenshots are of the forest the game begins and the player will choose to 'travel on' or 'camp for the night' and gameplay will differ a little depending on what they choose. It takes a lot of creativity to keep things interesting so I'm not sure how good I'll do.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:43:13 am by HwitVlf »