Author Topic: Keynote Reference Guide  (Read 30835 times)

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
Keynote Reference Guide
« on: April 24, 2011, 06:10:34 pm »
First attempt so I hope it makes sense

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Keynote Reference Guide
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 08:43:51 pm »
Really nice! Thanks pal!

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 06:25:26 am »
I'll have to try this out to get it completely straight in my brain, but it sounds like it could be a lot easier than setting up a skeleton with anchors for SoM's needs. I don't think we would have figured this out if you hadn't done it for us- thanks! :)

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 07:46:45 am »
No worries Folks
There are more episodes to come. To try and get an anchor to fit complex shapes is rather hard so thats why I kicked off with this one for the SOM stuff.

regards
Mark

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 06:40:01 pm »
Especially for Verdite!

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 05:27:38 am »
interface

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 05:28:25 am »
selection

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 05:03:22 pm »
Wow, thanks! This would be handy with the upcoming (hopefully) version of x2mdl, but at present x2mdl cant handle mesh warping so, i think i wouldnt be able to use growing horns just yet :)

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 05:42:44 pm »
I'm not sure how SoM will respond to the "select" tag in an exported X file, but it could be very helpful for something like swapping out weapon models on an enemy model without having to save the model in a separate MDO. Is there a way to have a similar setup for non-animated objects in Meta? I've recently started storing multiple models as different objects in the same MDO for sorting purposes. It would be neat to "toggle" which one was visible rather than turning one 'off' and then the other 'on'.

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 07:05:53 pm »
I'm not really sure HwitVlf. Thats how the select tag works, as a toggle as you say. I rather foolishly thought that you were just exporting the animation for the gane but I now realise it would have no interaction. My daughter has an xbox so I've been looking at that to see how things would/could work (spiderman). I still play Richard Burns rally occasionally. Anyway, so I don'y really know what happens next with this mdo file and hence can't relate back to what is usefull to you guys.
I have a few more bits to do with keynote; constraint bones and the deformation with anchors and we're pretty much up to speed with what it currently can do - I think! And all this from your translation!
mqdl hasn't answered about the qdef tag or that screen you showed so I guess they are just place holders for things to come.