Author Topic: *cracks knuckles* Ready?  (Read 10104 times)

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
Re: *cracks knuckles* Ready?
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 02:14:24 pm »
No worries Tom, ill be sure to send you my newer pieces too - theres quite a few on the way!

Let me know what you think, and let me know if you get stumped.

You're very welcome.

Btw Tom, how did you make your poet in the first level of maunstraut dissapear without him having to go through the fade out?

I ended up having that NPC on a counter....  and it was an event death that made him disappear.  I had to change the counter so he wouldn't reappear.  ( ^ - ^) 

What the hell!?  I remembered that?

Todd!  I'd love to have your NPC er breakable barrel!  I'd use the shit out of it!

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2011, 12:28:16 am »
Ok, actually got some things together....  Verdite's map pieces, CHECK.  I'll definitely be using some of these!

I run into a bit of a problem though.  I hit "test map" and my computer blows up.  We're talking 1 frame per 5 seconds, crash in 30 type blow-up.

I'm not sure what's going on.  I have Windows 7 64bit, and I did Windows 98 compatibility, and still....  the same problem.

Hmmmmm.....

EDIT:  Figured out what the problem was.  For starters, moves smooth as a whistle when I put the resolution and bit as high as it will go.

Second, I have a corrupt map piece.  #688.  Should be a regular un-custom, came with the game castle-corner piece....  What I have is an "ice corner" which doesn't display correctly, and crashes my butt.  

._.

Did a re-install, fixed the problem.  I'll be working on a map tomorrow....

« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 01:03:48 am by Hguols »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2011, 01:06:50 am »
Ok, actually got some things together....  Verdite's map pieces, CHECK.  I'll definitely be using some of these!

I run into a bit of a problem though.  I hit "test map" and my computer blows up.  We're talking 1 frame per 5 seconds, crash in 30 type blow-up.

I'm not sure what's going on.  I have Windows 7 64bit, and I did Windows 98 compatibility, and still....  the same problem.

Hmmmmm.....
The first thing you should try is pulling all the microchips off your motherboard with a rusty pair of pliers, then solder them back in reverse order. It should work perfectly then as long as you're plugged into a 220 volt outlet. (ha ha I slay me). I don't remember if anyone's tried SoM on a 64bit system but I would expect 64 bit would either 'not effect' it or break it completely as opposed to slamming the performance. What video card/RAM do you have?

About the poet, I remember talking to you about working the bugs out of his disappear event. Wasn't there a 'Warp NPC' command in there somewhere? Because the 'Terminate NPC' command makes a slow fade away instead of blink out.  
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 01:13:22 am by HwitVlf »

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2011, 06:37:32 am »
I know a way around this. It happens to me on the same system, but in the runtime is not present.

When your map starts hit tab for the menu. When you come out of the menu it will be fine.

Hmm about the corner *checks* oh, sorry! Haha i hadnt a clue this was in here, that ice corner was one of my first customs.

I can get you a new file piece if you like. Please bear in mind that the newer map pieces are well worth using, like the tem and ruin sets, and that they have no crash problems.

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2011, 10:09:36 am »
John, I pulled the microchips off my motherboard and tried to put them back!  ....and now my computer doesn't work!!!!  (I slay me too!)  I ended up having to warp the NPC off the map because just the death event, he'd come back to troll me.  >_<  I remember that now!  (but I don't think I'll have that problem with this newer game and that though.)

SoM seems to work really REALLY well actually.  "When your map starts hit tab for the menu. When you come out of the menu it will be fine." is an absolutely correct statement, Ben.  I have no idea why, but then again, there are a lot of things I don't know why....  I've tried out your other pieces, and I know they're good as gold so....

Once again, thank you!  ( ^ - ^)

I figured I'd get the map down first, and THEN look for the other customs, like objects, etc.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2011, 10:26:36 am »
Yep, have the same problem on my windows 7 machines, i have to enter the in game menu then exit and the chugging is gone.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2011, 12:07:58 pm »
You're welcome, its nice to have feedback from my hours and hours of map understanding and compiling.

If you decide to start making you're own stuff, some mhm data pieces included in the map pack are excellent, so let me know if you decide to.

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2011, 04:28:18 pm »
Hmmm....  Apparently the re-install nixed your lower number map pieces Ben.  

I'll have to re-install yours again, but I'm taking out #688.  :P

EDIT:  If I can figure out how the hell to do that....  ._.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 04:36:50 pm by Hguols »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2011, 06:39:42 pm »
I still have that 'swapping' BAT for map files. With a little setup, it would let you toggle back and forth between Ben's Pieces and SoM's original Pieces without overwriting anything. It would only be worth using, if you ever plan on using the original Pieces that Ben's customs overwrite.

Also, I don't know if you're using the v1.2 SoM translation, but it adds some setting tips to the map editor that might be helpful.

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2011, 08:53:48 pm »
I don't I don't have v1.2. 

The installer on swordofmoonlight.com is a 1.1, and there's a patch that goes from 1.0 to 1.2, but no patch from 1.1 to 1.2.
I remember you fixing a few things, for a clearer definition sake....  I'd appreciate it if you could hook me up with that patch John.

Ben, I kind of picked and chose, through testing and any finicky-ness, the pieces I'll use most definitely.  There's quite a few actually, but I have little to no use for pieces that don't have proper collision detection, completely froze or killed my map editor, or just don't tickle my fancy for appearance.

I've kept 0000-0002, 0005, 0029-0033, 0108, 0119, 0122-0150, 0165-0168, 0204-0207, 0210-0214, 0216, 0224-0229, 0238-0245, 0272-0277, 0317-0318, 0325-0327, 0361, 0400-0422....  in case you were wondering.

Thank you very much Ben.  You'll definitely get a heapin' credit for the ending....