Author Topic: King's Field 2.5 - my next game with SOM  (Read 7087 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: King's Field 2.5 - my next game with SOM
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2011, 09:51:29 pm »
I could be wrong, KF IV was pretty difficult to get exact information from, but it seems like the king was king over the forest folk, which appear to be elven in KF IV, so Im doubting it has anything to do with Jean Alfred, and after all, he was not the last of his blood line to carry the sword.

Additionally the SOM in KF IV did not carry the added power that Austin Lyle put into it, personally speaking, I dont think From Software really intended there to be any actual ties between the world of KF 1- 3 and that of KF IV.  I think the only other link besides the moonlight sword was that of the triple fang blade.

Im all for trying to tie them together, but my guess is if there was any shred of hope that the original story intended any similarity that KF 1-3 would have happened ages and ages before KF IV, or even in another parallel universe to it.

Here is a curiosity of mine, do KF additionals have anything to do with any of the KF 1-4 games?  Is the moonlight sword present?

I know Tom completed at least one of them....maybe if he pops on he can answer some questions.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2011, 12:34:18 pm »
Hguols FAQ for KFA2 on GameFAQs.com says both Dark Slayer and the Moonlight Sword are present in the game. And in another FAQ I just looked through for KFA1, it is mentioned by an NPC that there are rumors about Verdite's famous sword having disappeared. So I guess there are ties. :)

Offline 8bitninja

• Bow Bearer
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2011, 10:44:05 am »
I think I just shat myself a little in excitement over this project, can't freaking wait!
Let strength be granted so the world might be mended.

Offline MoonLightSlayer

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2011, 03:33:17 am »
Sweet let me know when you get it up i want to play this  :biggrin:

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2011, 12:48:59 pm »
@@

Well I cant say for sure when Ill be starting it or what platform it will be on.  I contemplated an xbox 360 game however obviously that game couldnt be associated with the KF universe.

SOM will probably be the appropriate platform - my guess is I would start by next summer so really it will be a long time coming.
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2011, 08:48:50 pm »
@@

Well I cant say for sure when Ill be starting it or what platform it will be on.  I contemplated an xbox 360 game however obviously that game couldnt be associated with the KF universe.

SOM will probably be the appropriate platform - my guess is I would start by next summer so really it will be a long time coming.

It could be associated with Rathmor though. That is, if i keep Rathmor clean of KF lore.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2011, 11:33:26 pm »
;) That would be awesome
Site Founder