Author Topic: King's Field 2.5 - my next game with SOM  (Read 7084 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: King's Field 2.5 - my next game with SOM
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 12:40:08 am »
well crap, i made this nice long post and it error'd posting :P

anyways, i scrapped the story for my new game, going to make a different one in the future - more or less akin to ancient city but with actual ties to the original 3 games to a degree.

the sword of moonlight will be a long forgotten legend, an artifact lost in a great war ages in the past, most dont even know the name and no one even knows where it resides (you will of course find it!)

here is the beginning of an animation im dabbling in for the opening vid of the game, i may also try to find a way to cut it into the website main page as a banner when i get the redesign going.

- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 05:14:13 am »
Looks alot like the kings field additional movies. Very good though!

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 05:50:15 am »
That looks really, really nice, man! :D

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 03:48:27 pm »
Very frustrating to lose a long post like that :doh: I got in the habit of using 'select all >copy' before posting long threads for just that reason.

I think a linking game between the two KF worlds is a great idea. Are you going to fill in any of the idol of sorrow backstory? When browsing the official Fromsoft KF4 site, it sounded like the idol was able to miraculously heal people so it was initially welcomed by King Lucien.  But they eventually realized that every time it was used to heal, something else was destroyed or killed. That twist could even be worked into a game- recovers full health, but every 10 uses, an NPC dies.

Very nice movie- you've learned a lot since you started this SoM stuff!

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 10:50:18 pm »
Id be willing to create a linker story for that (since ive recently grown fond of KF IV for the first time since its release)

Any backstory you guys may have on it that isnt easily found during game play would be appreciated ;)
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2011, 12:53:02 am »
hmm the ancient city.... if u wanted u could do a story about the actuall fall of the city.. or retreving the idol for the king . or if ur looking to after the idol was returned.. maybe a threat to the forest or the return of the ancient king of light.. the one you had to put down in the kingly door.. maybe he comes back...

or maybe a story exploring the races in greater detail.. the dark folk and their demise was particulary interesting in the ruined area in lvl 1 where you found the ancient sword and key but not too telling...

how they sealed the darkness in the idol  maybe something like that.

Another possibility is the mages that were there  like serek for example.. his story. or back to the king of light  .. thats story of how he brought the light to the forest...  did the king of the forest create the moonlight sword?  anyhow  theres a few ideas xdd
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 01:04:13 am by sirtuftcat »

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2011, 04:03:59 am »
did the king of the forest create the moonlight sword?

The Moonlight Sword was created by the dragon demigod Guyra. Other than that, many good ideas! :)

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2011, 12:29:33 pm »
well i thought that myself but in the ancient city the moonlight sword is only referred to as the sword once belonging to the king of the forest.. and the dragon gods arnt really mentioned if i remember right.. almost like an alternate sword of moonlight... hmm  maybe theres a story there to be told.... mayybeee    :tongue:

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2011, 01:13:22 pm »
There's a possibility... Though, it could easily be the same sword, too. And I wonder, could the "King of the Forest" actually refer to John Alfred Forester..?

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2011, 06:00:12 pm »
could be.. they never really say...  but lots of story potentials.. the dark folk  really interest me xdd