Author Topic: King's Field 2.5 - my next game with SOM  (Read 7085 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
King's Field 2.5 - my next game with SOM
« on: April 01, 2011, 01:41:57 am »
Hopefully people won't be bored by the concept of yet another inbetweener sequel to the series...but I just love the KF universe and feel like expanding on the stories so well created in the original games.

What I have planned will follow the heroic story of another character in the KF universe who was able to attain the title 'swordmaster'.  To my knowledge there was swordmaster houser (king alfred's father), his truest friend swordmaster Olivier Veyrac.  It also mentions in the KF3 lore that David Silviera was able to acquire this title.

In Dark Destiny I hint at two sons of the great sword master olivier veyrac - i named them Daniel and Nathaniel.  In my new story, Nathaniel was a young soldier alongside the courageous soldier David Silviera when they were both young and newly enlisted in the royal army.  Both outstanding fighters, they return from an assignment where they are awarded knight status by the current king - one Jean Alfred Forester, during a time of peace shortly after the return of the moonlight sword by Alexander Regginis.  This ceremony will basically be the opening of the game, and for a change King's Fieldians will get a glimpse of Verdite during its golden age, whre the castle stands proudly as a testament to the holy king.  You may even catch a glimpse of Austin Lyle as a toddler running about the courtyard while his mother looks on.

The festivities will soon end of course as a nameless scourge will drape the land in darkness once more...the two young captains will set off on an epic journey that will tell the story that molded David Silviera into the fearless leader he will become by KF3.

Hopefully I will be able to make progress on this game by end of the year, but it will be a long time working on this.  Just thought Id give everyone a heads up that I am actually going to make another game thanks to the great support of the forum members here.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline johnnypark66

• Mace Masher
Re: King's Field 2.5 - my next game with SOM
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 04:10:08 am »
awesome!

Offline Xtremez

• Mace Masher
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 09:12:32 am »
Kewl !

Offline Creatura

• Austin Lyle Forester
  • Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 03:48:24 am »
So this is going to be a sequel to KF II US right?
I'll be helping you with models, all I need is to make textures and fix the models a bit.

Just tell me what you need.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 03:01:39 pm »
It is actuall a prequel to the US KF2 before the story of austin lyle, it would actually occur when he is just a child in the events leading up to the corruption of king alfred.

I would really appreciate all the help i can get when i get ready to move forward on this (probably late this year).

thanks for the offer, i will let you know what i need=)
Site Founder

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 01:25:59 pm »
Working with a musician for my next SOM game...Im having him remix the ending of KFII as an opening movie theme for my new game.

here are two samples so far for it.  let me know what you think.

Site Founder

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 09:33:01 pm »
Both of them are pretty good. If I had to choose one of them I'd pick #1. Just my opinion though.

(Dang, I spent about 10 mins downloading those. Dial-up sucks by the way. Yet another reason for my slow progress with SoM and such. Anyway, I'll shut up now...)
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. :ninja:

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 07:40:55 pm »
Yes I agree with Scott. Both are very nice, but #1 sounds less 'synth'. Both would be very good mood music in a game.

Offline seele01

• Dagger Carrier
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 11:47:16 am »
I like the idea of expanding the King's Field universe, KF has a relatively rich lore that is easily built upon.  Kudos to you, I am looking forward to the next game!

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 10:21:26 pm »
thanks for the replies gang, i like track 1 better too, its different enough from the original to seem like a completely new track.

i agree KF has tons of untapped potential, and now that we can basically customize every aspect of SOM I am definitely happy with the idea of what i can probably accomplish especially with the help of all the great game makers here these days.

the newer games are so much better than what i put out with DD that its quite inspiring.
Site Founder