Author Topic: New Spells  (Read 6592 times)

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
Re: New Spells
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 10:01:49 am »
yes the blob still shows when it hits.
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. :ninja:

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 12:59:20 pm »
Sorry for necro'ing this topic, but I need to ask, can you have a support magic as a direct magic? I know that you cant have it as an 'equipped' magic.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 04:06:01 pm »
A spell's attributes are defined in sfx.dat which has (I think) 1024 spell slots - each slot is similar to an enemy PRF file. It's the "DATA\SFX\MODEL\SFX.DAT" that is actually used (if I remember correctly) and the extra sfx.dats are just leftover developer junk.

The new spells in this post are just enemy spells which I gave the player access to by creating new spell PRF files (DATA\MY\prof) that point to the enemy spell slots. To change support to direct, you would have to edit the given spell slot data in SFX.dat  and I never really dug into doing that so I can't advise. I seem to remember that each spell slot in SFX.dat was 256 bytes long or so, and part of that is the name of the MDL/textures used for the spell, so there there wouldn't be that much data to decipher if someone wanted to make a spell editor . . .