Author Topic: New Spells  (Read 6584 times)

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
New Spells
« on: March 22, 2011, 04:56:12 am »
Some cool new attack smells!!

I mean lets face it, there's not much deodorant for sale on Melenat

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: New Spells
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 11:32:14 am »
Mate where did you get that grass? Its pretty nice, it looks like each blade of grass has probably got a cut at the half section, and bent, right?

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 10:54:58 pm »
I'm glad the grass looks ok :) It's part of a set I put together for a couple maps in my game- trying to make things feel more organic, less sterile. Yes, each blade is 2 triangles bent in the middle.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 09:50:38 am »
Effing beautiful mate. talk about inspiration... thing is, im quite ill so im finding it hard to do anything, which is devastating :) otherwise id be working on grass, its vital to my game!

im gonna at least try to get my acorn tree in game, then ill post it

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 01:27:54 pm »
Wow john, that looks fantastic.

If I may ask, how big is your game map wise?  And how far along is it?
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 08:04:19 pm »
I'm not aiming for an epic long game, but rather compact and entertainingly detailed (hopefully) story with multiple plot paths. I'm letting the game grow when I think of things worth adding. I was about 50% done, but I decided to add a rather lengthy prequel story line and I haven't gotten far on it yet. So, as it stands now, I've made about 7 maps and would guesstimate I'm about 25% done with total content.

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 10:25:29 pm »
I've recently downloaded the spells and I must say they are very nice. The main reason I'm placing a post here is cause I wanted to let you know the blood target spell is invisable when used. It looks fine in the preveiw within SoM though.
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. :ninja:

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 01:47:33 am »
Any new info on spells going through x2mdl?

Offline Creatura

• Austin Lyle Forester
  • Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 04:03:06 am »
I have modeled a spell but I have no idea how to use it. I just had this strange idea of making "screwlike" water arrow.

And that reminds me, how do bow and arrow work in SOM?

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 05:20:53 am »
I've recently downloaded the spells and I must say they are very nice. The main reason I'm placing a post here is cause I wanted to let you know the blood target spell is invisable when used. It looks fine in the preveiw within SoM though.
Thanks for the info Scott. Looks like that spell's 'projectile' is backwards so it's invisible to the player. Does the 'blob' still show up when it hits something?

Any new info on spells going through x2mdl?
You mean enemies being able to cast spells? Last I knew, Mick said he had fixed the bug that was making cpgen break enemy spells. I haven't tried it, but I know how it should work theoretically. If you're ready to give an enemy a spell, I can do some tests or make a mini-howto.

I have modeled a spell but I have no idea how to use it. I just had this strange idea of making "screwlike" water arrow.
And that reminds me, how do bow and arrow work in SOM?
Making a new spell just requires editing sfx.dat. You can't change the behavior of spells (seeking straight etc), but it's easy to make a new spell model.

SoM doesn't yet have a way to give the player a bow attack, but enemy 'bow attacks' are handled like spells.