Author Topic: Real Dragon Tree Fruit!  (Read 10546 times)

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
Real Dragon Tree Fruit!
« on: March 17, 2011, 06:44:49 pm »
Just of interest, I found out there is really is such a thing as Dragon Fruit. It's even edible.
Almost looks cooler KF's Dragon Tree.  

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Real Dragon Tree Fruit!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 07:56:21 pm »
I ate one of these, mine surprisingly wasnt very tasty, it's flesh had the same feel as a kiwi.

Looks marvellous though.

Btw, mine had a brown / gray flesh wheras this one is pink.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 04:53:19 pm »
Interesting. I've had other types of cactus and they we're kind of tasteless too- like a watermelon rind.
Apparently it's native to central America, and I used to live just a few miles from the Mexican border so it's surprising but I've never seen one.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 12:35:02 pm »
I love the look of cacti so i couldnt force myself to eat one :) unless i was really thirsty. It'd be awesome to get cacti into a SoM game, even if its only as a weapon  :biggrin:

Offline Xtremez

• Mace Masher
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 01:58:30 pm »
We have them here in the Virgin Islands, one of the most delectable fruits you could ever eat! We make wine out of it.........OMG!

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 02:24:18 pm »
The taste of kings field! And getting drunk on it doesnt sound bad either!

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 06:58:57 pm »
I'd definitely like to taste one of those - especially if I could get drunk at the same time. ;)

Anyway, since we're on the topic of King's Field items in real life, here's real verdite:

Verdite, more commonly known as Verdelite, is a green variant of Tourmaline. And from what I've found out, these are generally rather small. Largest ever found was three inches wide, but it was cut into smaller pieces. Largest you can find available these days, if you've got the money for it, is one inch. (Yeah, I wanted to have someone cut one like the item in KF. :razz: )

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 11:02:42 pm »
Interesting, I looked it up its even commonly fashioned into rounds similar to the ones in King's Field. Fun information!

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 04:13:57 am »
Interesting, I looked it up its even commonly fashioned into rounds similar to the ones in King's Field. Fun information!

Yep! Sadly, those are tiny! I wish I had a big one, so I could get someone to make it exactly how it is in KF. ;D