Author Topic: Sword of Moonlight v1.2 translation patch available  (Read 17085 times)

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Sword of Moonlight v1.2 translation patch available
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 05:08:17 am »
I just downloaded it and it extracted fine using WinRAR. You might try using WinRAR which has a free trial period.

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2011, 01:41:12 pm »
ok ill try that ohh btw.. is 1.2 a better version than 1.1?  i know its better than 1.0 but since the 1.1 and 1.2 are different as opposed to traditional patches i figured id ask

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 03:11:42 pm »
'Better' is mostly an opinion so all I can say is I think it's better. There are a number of SoM bugs that are fixed in 1.2 like misaligned textures, NPCs that face the wrong way when talked to and easily misaligned event message text. The main non-bug change was that the Map Editor was rearranged to be faster to use and more intuitive, and there are some added notes to help know what number (angle on a warp event) makes the player face north etc. You can read the patches readme.

You can still make a game just fine with 1.1 so it's up to you.

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2011, 05:17:49 pm »
well if i can get the file burned ill go 1.2 my burner is currently down but maybe i can go to my parents home and borrow theirburner and maybe get a nice home cooked meal.. mom loves to cook...  ohh  1 more question  if i go 1.2 will i have to change or redo my project to date if so let me know and ill make sure and write down my programing so i can easily catch up xd and thanks again fer ur help

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2011, 06:17:42 pm »
i used winrar and it seemed to combine the 3 into 1 big iso program.. im assuming it worked riight but just wanna verify that is what it should do... im assuming then i burn it to a cd and run that  unless i can open the file directly

Offline Creatura

• Austin Lyle Forester
  • Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2011, 06:20:39 pm »
there is a tool named Daemon tools.
I use that one and winrar extracted the ISO file from 3 parted archive.

you can also open the ISO file with winrar, ultraiso or any other program like that.

Any other questions?

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2011, 09:33:41 pm »
ohh  1 more question  if i go 1.2 will i have to change or redo my project to date if so let me know and ill make sure and write down my programing so i can easily catch up xd and thanks again fer ur help
V1.2 is fully 'backward compatible' except I renamed the 'On Target' spell tag (for clarity), so if you have already used one of them in your project, you will just have to re-select the spell model in the Parameter Editor (very simple).

Offline sirtuftcat

• Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2011, 11:31:13 pm »
Thanks fer ur help i got it running and its great and easier to use..

The only other isue is this version doesnt have some of the objects and items that 1.1 has for example the statue base and the light crystal and dark drystal..  there are some others too but my question is  can i get those and they still be compatible with the 1.2 version... if there were to be another patch in the future i wouldnt want thoe files to mess with that. 

can  i just transfer them from 1.1 or u got a 1.2 version of them? helppp me lol
 im still an Som noob  :biggrin:  :crying:  :doh:

Offline scott

• Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2011, 09:04:39 pm »
For the sake of making things simple, could someone make a prepatched version of v1.2 like on the main site? I'm not always able to download things and when I tried to download the orignal, untranslated version of SoM I've just run into a few problems. I'll save ya guys some time and not start talkin about it, lol. Thanks in advance.
Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't much to say anymore however I do lurk around here. :ninja:

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2011, 05:06:45 pm »
I don't know if it'll work for you, but there's a simple install here.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 05:08:26 pm by HwitVlf »