Author Topic: Curse of the Pharoahs  (Read 23870 times)

Offline Xtremez

• Mace Masher
Re: Curse of the Pharoahs
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2012, 08:17:31 am »
Happy weekend all,.................I totally agree with you.
Work has me buried the next couple of weeks wont be able to work on it much, but still working as i can on it......the weekends are nice in that respect. IT WILL BE FINISHED AND PLAYABLE .....THIS YEAR!
The biggest problem is me......i love making new levels, seeding them with obj's, npc's, enemy's......etc. I have like 19 levels now, will have close to 30 on the completed game......I believe i have a nice mix of environments, water, outside, inside tombs, caves etc........getting some great music together, i think its coming along. Will keep all posted........!

Offline Xtremez

• Mace Masher
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2012, 09:11:50 pm »
Good evening all......hey quick question, Im doing a "Stonehenge" level ...........is there anyway to simulate shadows cast by the sun ? i.e. and in different locations........kinda like a sundial? Thx
X

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2012, 03:25:14 am »
Stonehenge! I like!

"Lamp" type light source Objects do make map Pieces cast a shadow, but the shadows can't be moved or changed (even if you move the light). The best way to do what you want is to make a dark translucent 'shadow' Object that hugs the ground to look like a cast shadow. When the time of day changes, use a 'move object' command to move the shadow Object to a new position. Or you could use a "Display Object on/off" command to make one shadow disappear and another appear (if you need shadows of different lengths etc).
 :smile:

Offline Xtremez

• Mace Masher
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2012, 08:59:42 pm »
Hey.........ooo.....i like that idea......thanks!
I'm going a different direction with this game then i had originally thought i wanted to go, ok, so, i have a 2 outdoor egyptian levels w/ 3 tomb levels,.......then Stonehenge, Teotihuacan pyramid, a Cistern "water" level, a giant maze.....and a few others working on.
I had originally planned an all egyptian game, more as a historically mostly-accurate "walk-thru" game, but found that I'm leaning toward making more of a game that "I'd want to play"......if that makes any sense?
I was really influenced by the Tomb Raider series years back when 1 came out.......loved it and the KF series. Liked the idea of traveling to different places ........so.........I believe in the end .......the game will be much more fun to play.
If anyone has any ideas please pass em on!
Thx for the reply.
X

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2012, 12:26:50 pm »
Sounds like a good compromise - having the 'ancient' feel throughout will be great, but dont forget if you want that, it'l have to be consistent with the items, objects etc. (As in no blasters etc)  :smash2:

Offline Xtremez

• Mace Masher
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2012, 08:45:06 pm »
Hello all,
Well had a few problems with getting a new password, but all is good.
How is everyone? Im back to work on the game again, between work, a new baby and life in general..............Im back!
Shoot me a msg when you guys get a chance.
X

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2012, 11:46:43 am »
X,

I would like to move this post into the forum board dedicated to your game...let me know if thats a problem.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder