Author Topic: Curse of the Pharoahs  (Read 23873 times)

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Curse of the Pharoahs
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2012, 09:54:49 am »
Its great to hear from you again. I hope you're fully better.

Because you're working on your game again ill fix you up a scarab enemy. I wasnt sure if you were coming back or not!

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2012, 06:28:20 pm »
Glad to hear youre back!

We definitely love to hear from folks still building their games :)

As for the bad downloads, i cant explain why that would be but you could try getting both DD and DoM off download.com, their links should be solid.  If it is still not working after you get one of the zips there let me know.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Xtremez

• Mace Masher
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2012, 07:26:03 pm »
Thanks for the replies, glad to know everyone's still here..........!!! Hey sounds great on the scarab.......would love the help! Speaking of which......got a few questions for the pros out there......pic one. Seti I tomb......you'll see I've used  map piece  0899 Castle 1x1x20 double as the steps going down. Its the map piece thats "two stacked" pieces....ok, what Im trying to accomplish with no avail is to either separately or in one group for these pieces to raise and/or lower to create a sealed door of such, i.e. ... meaning basically the stairs would raise and lower to seal off the entry to the lower level..you all with me here?
Any ideas?  ......... a timer possibly, but can you apply that to a map piece?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 07:37:09 pm by Xtremez »

Offline Xtremez

• Mace Masher
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2012, 07:33:39 pm »
Ok, next question...........and btw sorry for the dbl post......................I'm continually banging my head on this object limit stuff...its killin me. next pic, looking up at the Chapel of Hathor, you guys will see im a plant freak.......problem, broken jar + fern = 2 OBJECTS.............. this blows. Is there away to combine these to one? Id have to look back in the old posts but I think someone mentioned this. Thx.

Offline Xtremez

• Mace Masher
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2012, 07:46:07 pm »
Ok, ive managed to totally goof up my stock map skins and object skins...........im sure i got a back up will just copy/overwrite existing..........ive tried to reskin the tiger in gold you catch a glimpse of in the last pic..........with the editor add on...........it wont modify it and anytime i try it removes the skin entirely from any objects using it....any ideas...anyone got a gold lion.? Laf

Offline Xtremez

• Mace Masher
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2012, 07:57:41 pm »
Ok, back up to my last totally goof post.............i have an egyptian chair and pharaoh im trying to combine into one piece, stop the guys head from moving and turn the total thing into a med. to dark sand texture, like the coliseum floor texture.......any ideas? The temple at Abu Simbel has large seated statues of Rameses II, been using the gold annubis statue, but just blows the whole mood...........
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 08:37:12 pm by Xtremez »

Offline Xtremez

• Mace Masher
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2012, 08:19:12 pm »
Im great w/ Bryce, Maya and of course Autocad, i've got meta but opened it a couple of times and it tweeked me......lol. But will try agian.....so many things I'd love to make. Anyways for the good news..........ish. I still find the map areas to be confining, with large temples and a lot of outdoor environments, you can only change desert scenes so much, so the architect in me comes out and I've gotten creative with set design, using numerous different map pieces and skins together uniquely, varying elevations, addition of plants, etc. Through the majority of the levels you embark/disembark outside by way of barge on the nile or in this case warping from dock to dock.........by way of a pedestal at the dock. Not bad i suppose,,,,,,,,, for the tombs I use other pedestals for the traditional "indoor" warp points.....breaks it up a bit. Anyways as i work on the different levels I'll post pics.........again to all, thanks for all the help.
One last thing, anyone got any links for a pc version of US KF 1 & 2 ?????????????

Offline Xtremez

• Mace Masher
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2012, 08:22:22 pm »
One more thing, this a the map to the Labrynth level.....im working on now....its probably one of the most famous mazes in history..........did it exactly, the halls are all two squares wide, the maze is huge and covers almost 80% of the grid..........totally sweet! Has the minotaur boss, with large hammer and shockwave..................sweet boss level!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:19:53 pm by Xtremez »

Offline Mord of Swoonlight

• Lord Veyrac's Illegitimate Son
  • Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2012, 12:41:16 am »
Whoa... I can't wait to get lost in there!   :biggrin:

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2012, 06:45:53 pm »
Hey Ill be home a little later and will reread through some of the posts you got here asking for help, im sure there are things we can do to get you back on track with those issues youre having no problem!
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder