Author Topic: Curse of the Pharoahs  (Read 23787 times)

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Curse of the Pharoahs
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2011, 05:44:45 pm »
I know your feeling. Recently, I spent a whole day making a basic tree model which is just one tiny part of one map for my game. . . and I still wasn't really happy with how it turned out. But I figure the neurotic perfectionism will pay off in the final product.

For map building, using the PumpkinPaster tool could really speed things up. It runs beside the Map Editor and it lets you copy, paste and save chunks of map Pieces with their Enemies/Objects/etc. You can even do complicated things like rotate/raise/shift# the copied chunks. It takes a little getting used to, but it really save time/frustration in the long run.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2011, 08:26:46 pm »
Trust me i didnt give into my determination making my first map pieces, and i lost so much time - MHM data made me get the fury on sometimes, and msm data not being accepted. But wahey..............................?! I've made a game that a few people play.....................................

Offline Xtremez

• Mace Masher
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2011, 08:45:48 pm »
Exactly, this is mostly for my enjoyment and if a handful of old die-hards play it then GREAT .........rock-n-roll!

Hey, Im trying to find and ENEMY ARCHER, like KF "2" had, maybe "3". I looked their base folders but couldnt find 'em, got any ideas? Maybe you have one? Thanks !

X

Offline Xtremez

• Mace Masher
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2011, 09:59:31 pm »
Two quick questions:  1)   Does anybody have the "Skull Pedestal" that fits the skull key?
                              2)   I'm using Pedestals and Pedestal Keys to warp from map to map.........when I insert a key into the pedestal......it
                                    automatically inserts others keys into ALL the other pedestals? Anybody ever run into this?
    THANKS!! 
    Xtremez

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2011, 06:20:28 am »
Strangely, the Skull 'symbol' never came with a pedestal. It must have been a mistake because the Skull is 'tagged' as a pedestal key (in its internal files). I think it was meant to be the skull key from KF(US). I should have named the pedestal/key sets better in the translation, but I didn't know how they worked at the time. I could fix that some time, but it would 'break' old projects that used the pedestals so I'm a little hesitant to make the changes.

Anyways, I made a pedestal that works with the skull Item for you and an additional Egyptian themed pedestal/item set- attached. They're designed to be mounted on the wall or floor.

What you're experiencing with pedestal keys is from having multiple pedestals using the same counter 'slot'.

Counters carry over from map to map and each Pedestal should be linked to its own counter (chosen in the pedestal's "extra settings" area in the Map Editor).
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 11:21:11 pm by HwitVlf »

Offline Xtremez

• Mace Masher
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2011, 09:00:47 am »
Thanks will check out tonight!
Question? Do NPC's and Enemys count towards your 512 Item/Object limit?
Also, does anyone have the "Enemy ..... Archer", let me know if someone does!
Thanks as always!!!

X

Offline Xtremez

• Mace Masher
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2011, 02:03:11 pm »
Question? Does anybody have the moonlight sword from KF 1 or 2, dont remember, the one that grows in size when you level up?

Offline Xtremez

• Mace Masher
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2011, 09:49:06 am »
Wolfman,
Thanks for the pedestals,..........wayyyyyyy cool bra!

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2011, 11:18:36 pm »
Question? Do NPC's and Enemys count towards your 512 Item/Object limit?
Also, does anyone have the "Enemy ..... Archer", let me know if someone does!
Does anybody have the moonlight sword from KF 1 or 2, dont remember, the one that grows in size when you level up?
NPCs Enemies Objects each have their own quantity limit so no.
We're just barely beginning to be able to make new animated models (Enemies etc) and we can't yet make new enemies with ranged. The 'Pixie' enemy fires arrows at least.
The 'Excellector' was the sword that grew in KF2(US) and I think someone posted that they had made a copy for SoM, but I don't have it.
:)

Offline Xtremez

• Mace Masher
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2011, 07:35:58 am »
Good day all,
Well, I made alot of progress this weekend, made three new maps, Dendera, Abydos and Kom Ombo. I have now realized that making "exact" to the scale maps are no longer an option, that being said, the temples themselves are quite exact, but have taken certain artistic liberties in the surrounding grounds around the temples. Plants, looking pools, etc. For the most part I am truly pleased. When I finally complete this game to a playable masterpiece, anyone who plays better look for ALOT of hidden doors, passageways and traps. There is are as many undiscovered areas as there are discovered areas.........this is Egypt!
I figure I will complete all the level maps adn temples. Then during the seeding process will work on any textures and objects that I want to tweek. This allows me to at least create all the levels that I want to put into the game.......until then.......im still plugging away!

Have a great week everybody!
X