Author Topic: Curse of the Pharoahs  (Read 23876 times)

Offline Xtremez

• Mace Masher
Re: Curse of the Pharoahs
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 10:35:53 am »
Yeah, the only things I havn't really seeded the map with are "non-necessary" enemy's, npc's, etc. As for all the objects, items,etc and "needed" enemys that drop stuff, i.e. keys, weapons etc are all seeded, just need some really kewl "egyptian" stuff to complete the environment. So running through the maps I have complete now are all the necessary stuff to advance to the next lvl, open chests, you know. Give me this next week to complete the maps I have and will post it for everyone to try and give me tips and pointers.
NOTE: Once I have completed the FULL game I plan on remaking the game exactly in the Tomb Raider 5 game engine and turning it into a 3rd person viewable game like the other TR games. Should be super kewl when done.
Verdite, thanks so much for all your help, and everyone else TOO !!!

Xtremez-Aubrey

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 11:28:24 am »
Thing is, setting up a warp near a door makes that door, and OTHER doors open automatically. dmpdesign and myself discussed this, basically in dark destiny theres a warp point from one level to the next and its right after you open a door... dmpdesign told me som saves this "flag" in the save, and it meant even sealed or locked doors would open before me, as if by magic.

My advice would be to set up a warp into level, then depending on you're distance output (default being 30) you should leave that amount ahead of you in the original map (where you warp from into the next map) and create it exactly as it would be in the map you are warping to. So you'd set 15 (id say about 17 to be safe) map pieces ahead of the warp, so that you could see ahead before you warp. Thing to remember is, if you have different fog or sky settings, this can be a real problem, because the transition from one fog to another isnt smooth, its sudden.

If you wanted to enter a new fogged area, then you'd need to setup a "middle" area you warp to, which has no fog at all... like a building with a roof.

I can fix you up a sample project if you need. 

Oh, i have an egyptian dagger, from egypt. Its very traditional looking :)

Offline Xtremez

• Mace Masher
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 11:56:20 am »
V,
Thx bra! I understand, will give it a try!
HEY the dagger sounds sweet, anything like that will greatly help. Either post here or my email is:

edgusvi@hotmail.com

As I said, Im still ......WAY..... a newbie at this! But learning quick. I've loved the KF series since it first came out years back, I remember sitting on the floor in the basement at my buddies house taking turns playing KF"2" and TR 1, they were so cutting edge, at the time, couldnt put the controller down, lol.

I always said if I could ever get my hands on the lvl editor or game engine I would design one, exactly to scale of all the kewl places on earth. So.........I did and here I am now. If you think of anything just forward it on. Gotta get back to work will chat later and thx again bra!

X

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 01:34:39 pm »
Xtremez,

Im sorry I havent posted anything to you about your work, I am glad youre working on it, I have been so busy I havent really visited the forum in almost two weeks.

If there is anything I can do to help out let me know and if you need web space to post pics/demos etc just say the word.

Gonna download john's egyptian pack tonight and have a peek at what he made :)
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Xtremez

• Mace Masher
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 02:42:00 pm »
DMP,
Thx bra, Im sure I will be asking questions! Will definately post some screen shots tomorrow, Would LOVE to see the Egyptian pack! You can send it to my email I listed in the last post! Thx to everyone for being patient and helpful, this is a great forum!

Xtremez

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 09:15:53 am »
Looking forward to seeing the screens :)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 10:19:12 pm »
Er oops I meant the stuff weissvulf had already posted   :redface:
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Xtremez

• Mace Masher
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2011, 10:06:09 am »
Unbelievable, I actually get one day off this month...........so, will be working on posting level pics this weekend and finishing up some levels for everyone to check out! Have a great weekend to all !!!

Offline Xtremez

• Mace Masher
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 09:38:05 pm »
Deir El Bahri - Looking down on the middle court

Offline Xtremez

• Mace Masher
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2011, 09:42:19 pm »
Chapel of Hathor