Author Topic: Metasequoia modeler tutorials and Keynote translated plugins  (Read 159212 times)

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Metasequoia modeler tutorials and Keynote translated plugins
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2011, 04:19:32 pm »
Created this model, and i get this error, any help would be great.

I setup one bone. I created an anchor to the main body, and clicking on motion keeps this error up.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 05:52:21 pm »
Sorry more issues. Tried making an enemy, made a simple sword and textured it, and got it into game by using the skeletons prf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWm-waLq6g8

Though, it seems inverted, like the sword is shy, or has its back to me. Also it is in the floor... I tried lifting the actual model but to no avail. Any ideas?

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2011, 02:28:28 am »
OK, here is the first shot...its functional, feel free to use it.

One breakable barrel complete with breaking sound effect.

I would suggest probably doubling the size of the mdl when you place it, though 1x could be used as the smaller barrel types that are common in SOM games.

The texture needs work I know, something for a patch down the road.

It is an NPC, I am going to be making most of my animated objects as NPCs for a few reasons:

#1 its far less likely any given map will have maximum npcs on the map vs enemies.  If you wnated to place many many barrels and many many monsters youd have a problem =)

#2 its far easier to find an npc that doesnt have idle sound effects and i was too lazy to search for an enemy that didnt breathe or scratch or growl at idle.

#3 im pretty certain homing missile type spells dont target NPCs, which I think is preferable for breakable objects.

I will taylor this prf when i have more time to remove the undesirable options in the npc editor window since of course it should not walk, or sit etc.  I will see if i can get all the non usable options grayed out.

Currently I went with one model that totally disappears once broken.  If anyone is interested in a broken barrel object to use at the base I would be happy to create it for you and leave the animated portion just for the top (so the bottom stays on the screen after its busted).

Enjoy.

BTW, I talked with holy quite a bit tonight, he told me he knew the current build etc had the issue with the idle pose, i thnk he will be updating it sometime soon, will be checking on there for the update myself when he releases it.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2011, 09:17:09 am »
List of models that are basically equivalent to objects I plan on producing first:

-Breakable crates
-Breakable pots
-Breakable doors

Possibly chests that stay open so they can reveal items similarly to the way chests worked in KF (stay open and item is inside).

Other things I think are cool ideas that I wanted to discuss with people:

-Moving tree branches to offer some life to large forests
-Small schools of fish to add to watery areas, such as fountains/beach fronts/small pools of water.
-Breakable bridges
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2011, 09:30:15 am »
Haha, i made him just for fun. He took like 8 mins to build. Hes a kind of "land kraken" i just wanted to follow you're guide through with him.

I began working on a spear guard, but my animations were not saved. Im gonna work on map construction today, if i get time ill mess about with him again.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2011, 12:00:40 pm »
Todd, any luck on the billboard front?

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2011, 12:56:54 pm »
Havent peeked yet, thanks for reminding me, I will figure it out sometime this week.

John gave me a hint on how tom was able to accomplish it, but I think there must be something in the object prf that flags this feature on/off.  Ill pin it down and let you know.
Site Founder

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2011, 04:21:29 pm »
Nothing much new to report on keynote apart from frustration and this, which shows the degree of influence in colours. Also shows any WOV applied.

I'm finding it easier and quicker to work with just wireframe, and setting different colours for the mesh,bones and anchor, in the object properties, as opposed to the semi transparent mats approach.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2011, 08:06:25 pm »
Actually!  :biggrin: Wolf, you just reminded me. About the saxon topic we were talking about, well... In my "ruins" clip there is an item i equip called the spangenhelm, it would have been worn by early saxons.

Here are my models.
Spangen Helm:

Briton Helm:

And here is the fricken (excuse me) model ive been messing with all night, not being able to put it through cpgen (!!!! :dazed: FURY!) and sadly realising that i can only have 1 material for x2mdl.....

So to clarify i made this model but applied one texture to test. Cpgen wouldnt output when i tried to use the full 3396 vertices model, but when i tried with just a 'skeleton' (bones etc) through x2mdl then cpgen it worked, so i renamed the cp to fit my full meshed mdl. However upon placing the npc then trying to enter the map, som would crash. I'll send the model to you. Btw dont worry about textures, i really just need the cp. But if it doesnt work, feel free to stick a daft texture on it for test purposes.  :rainbow:

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2011, 12:13:36 am »
Just fyi, I peeked at ben's file and unfortunately everything is one object and meshed together.  I am fairly certain that is the root of his issue trying to export it, as I dont think the tools allow for a single mesh export.

I would consider breaking it up, but it will be a daunting task to seperate all those objects in meta.

I am just about done with a skeleton'd model of harvine's wind knight from KF1 US.  Tomorrow night I will start animating it and see what happens.
Site Founder