Author Topic: Metasequoia modeler tutorials and Keynote translated plugins  (Read 158602 times)

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
Re: Metasequoia modeler tutorials and Keynote translated plugins
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2011, 01:59:10 pm »
And hot on its heels V3 alpha 3 - sculpting tools, and wait for it, 3 new selection buttons. One is edge loop select the other two I'm not sure
3 cheers for Mr Mizno!

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2011, 03:03:36 pm »
Huzzah! *Listens to the big echo*

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2011, 07:34:57 pm »
New selection features could be quite helpful. I spend a lot of time picking out selections when modeling.

I've been looking through the plugins for better UV control and found a few good tools. The 'UV Power unwrapper' plugin is pretty much just what I was looking for and is in English already. But if you're not familiar with unwrappers it could challenging to figure out. It's like an 'atlas' feature with better control- mainly useful for texturing irregular shapes like faces or trees.

Basic use is to select a 'chain' of lines on your model that will be the seam where your texture will be split open and laid flat. 'unwrapped'. Then go to "Selected >UV Power Unwrap Auto" and it will set the UV based on where your selected seams are. You'll have to finish up by scaling/moving/rotating the UV layout to where you want it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 03:06:17 am by HwitVlf »

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2011, 12:01:21 pm »
I'm getting no joy with that. What does the live unwrap panel do? I know with roadkill you can pin uvs and relax - I'm guessing this is similar.

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2011, 06:55:18 am »
Ah thanks

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2011, 01:35:26 pm »
Alpha 4 rleased
 alt left-click view rotation etc like maya (and terragen come to think). I hpoe this is optional or shall have to lodge a complaint to Japan!

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2011, 01:49:37 pm »
Well thank you Sir. This is fast becoming 'The place to be for all things Meta'.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2011, 01:55:43 pm »
Hey John, been out of the loop the past couple weeks, wanted to ask if any progress has been made on the control point front for enemy spells and so on?

I was wondering, looking at an unrelated post about the pixie and its ability to fire projectiles, is it possible the enemy attack sequences also have control points embedded in them?  I was assuming they didn't since the attack range of the melee seemed to be unrelated to the model (my harvine knight for instance hits you further than it should because of a borrowed .cp/.prf file).

I would love to redo the KF2 archers if you think it would be possible to modify the enemy to work similarly to the pixie's that shoot arrows.

Any thoughts?
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2011, 12:08:05 pm »
I will definitely be creating an archer enemy (I may as well tell you that I intend to recreate US KF1 someday as best I can) but I cant say when Ill actually get time to devote to it.

I hate to be so hit or miss about doing stuff SOM related, Im just having a hard time getting the chunks of time necessary to really get anything done with it.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Creatura

• Austin Lyle Forester
  • Capricorn Crusher
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2011, 04:15:51 am »
Hi

I get this error. I know what it means but I don't know how I fix it: