Author Topic: Metasequoia modeler tutorials and Keynote translated plugins  (Read 159099 times)

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Metasequoia modeler tutorials and Keynote translated plugins
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2011, 05:21:59 pm »
Ok i understand now. Thanks :)

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2011, 06:12:30 am »
Thats what i shouldve asked, because thats what i was looking for... But with the "cut a straight line" you can cut, then select the vertice, then move it to create an angled line.

I noticed someone mentioned about a feature in keynote that lets you hide an object? It'd be nice to be able to have say, spikes that appear from a monsters head when it attacks you.

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2011, 04:27:53 pm »
Ok metas knife tool, pretty much the standard of what's going on, bar the slide option which verdite mentioned. maya has this and I must say its quite neat. So you can cut/place an edge loop and then have the ability to move it along the edge. Take a primitive cone and make a cut around the circumfirence. In meta move that line up on the Y and it will distort the shape. Maya will follow the line: At £3500 I shall find a way around it!
This particular examlpe won't work in meta but there are methods of working ie using quads which may make things easier.
I'm a novice when it comes to this low poly stuff So I might be talking stuff that irrelevant or impractical.

Cutting at specific coords would be make a guess and follow up with 'align verts'. I have this as esc on keyboard shortcut, such is its popularity.

@Verdite - Yes that would be no problem with the horns - and a couple of different ways to do it!.
Is everyone happy with the reference guide rather than tuts? Thats the way I prefer thing.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2011, 07:28:29 pm »
Interesting. airflames, could you explain a way to do the object appear/reappear? :rainbow:

Align vertices... I dont understand this feature  :biggrin:

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2011, 02:09:38 pm »
Sorry Verdite I'm a bit busy with work I shall see what I ca do tonight.

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2011, 06:46:36 pm »
Visible meshes within keynote; Press keyboard G twice and you can tick/untick the ones you want to see. There is a more complex way of doing this which I shall do next on the keynote thread.

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2011, 06:48:45 pm »
Thought you might enjoy this

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2011, 06:49:51 pm »
part2

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2011, 10:03:53 am »
Metasequoia 2.4.13 out. A bug fix though nothing new.

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2011, 05:00:07 am »
Bug fixes. I hadn't found any problems with the obj export and terragen is particually picky for imports.
I'm having real struggles with anchors so the cow isn't really progressing nor is the explaination for the keynote thread.
I've been looking at the constaint bones (the pink ones) and have some sort of idea, though I must say their usage is very limited; Some mechanical stuff but nothing of any use for SOM