Author Topic: Metasequoia modeler tutorials and Keynote translated plugins  (Read 158946 times)

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
Re: Metasequoia modeler tutorials and Keynote translated plugins
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2011, 03:25:27 pm »
And cake for being such a benevolent person!

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2011, 04:03:23 pm »
With regard to the plug ins. The only one I use on a regular basis is edge loop select. Multi bevel is like a turbo charged extrude with a material bug - and doesn't always work. Same with the UV tools -hit and miss. The hair- and thanks for that, although you would't use it everyday, would save a lot of time.
BTw the cake would have been better using the new sculpting tools which if you want to try is at the b site (the japanese side). It comes without a file (mqrend?),  so just copy from your current version. Only japanese atm but the sculpt tools have a window the same as magnet when you find it

I'm having trouble with the anchor cages and how much to overlap them. This qdef mesh tag doesn't seem to accept WOV either so I'm stuck with the smooth sdef, or bdef and WOV. I was hoping WOV would only have to be subtle but the overlap area is painfull (for the cow anyway!). Maybe keynote its not suitable for the higher poly stuff?
Found a japanese keynote tut in which claims are made of morph targets being possible though by the looks of it its, using the multi track and replacing the models in each frame. I'll post the link.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2011, 04:27:03 pm »
Cake looks lahvley!

Quick question. I want to isolate the top bone in an arm. I just want to move the forearm and hand, can i get them to move on their own? How do i stop the top bone from moving amigos?

Thanks  :biggrin:

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2011, 04:48:02 pm »
I seem to get differing types of movements by using the centre yellow handle or the other, relevant, ones. The orthagonal ones, if that makes sense?

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2011, 06:56:46 pm »
Hwitvlf
I'm getting an error whem connecting two bones head to head as in your example above. I'll have to check, but its so serious I have to deploy my task manager as I remember!

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 07:18:15 pm by airflamesred »

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2011, 07:40:48 am »
Ah yes the confusion was all mine. A lethal cocktail of Kinect and red wine!

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2011, 02:20:58 pm »
That raven is pretty nice.

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2011, 03:04:16 pm »
Ok more stuff to play with - morphing
From the raven file info I did this
Cloned the tyres and moved into position. Its a vert movement I think. Merged into two objects
keynote and right click on that slider that wasn't doing anything - it is now. select steer and look no bones! This is looking pretty powerfull