Author Topic: Metasequoia modeler tutorials and Keynote translated plugins  (Read 159158 times)

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
Re: Metasequoia modeler tutorials and Keynote translated plugins
« Reply #150 on: July 07, 2011, 12:23:51 pm »
I see someone has started a wiki (wikja) page for metasequoia.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 12:29:13 pm by airflamesred »

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #152 on: July 09, 2011, 01:07:10 pm »
I thought you had seen this John - someone had posted a link to the thread here -guessed it was you.

I also saw a blog somewhere else which was very complimentary of the keynote stuff here.

Please find attached a texture map for UVs (there are pleanty of these on the net so I made this to suit my displa ypreferences) I don't know whether anyone else is using one but I've had a close look at mapping in recent days and realised I had been doing things wrong in a lot of areas so this maybe of use.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #153 on: July 09, 2011, 04:49:46 pm »
No, I wasn't familiar with wikia, but I like they're 'mission statement' a lot more than wikipedia's. The Meta listing is off to a good start. It seems like it would be good to add some of the info floating around here to that page.

I think your UV map would be useful- what 'improvements' did you learn? I doubt I handle UV setup in an optimal way.

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #154 on: July 09, 2011, 07:41:17 pm »
Well its pretty much to do with streatching textures. So if you apply this whlst mapping and you can keep squares then you;re good to go. Previouslt I thought I was being smart with and efficient with my method, but my theory was flawed. Brace yourselves for a tut!!!!

O.T Is Family guy funny over the water there? It's my fave since king of the hill disappeared.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #155 on: July 09, 2011, 09:20:20 pm »
I'd welcome a tutorial. Maybe wikia would be a good place? Right now I use the 'neurotic tweak every vertice till it looks right' approach. . . ugh  :biggrin:

I loved King of the Hill. I sometimes tell people "Don't play lawyer ball son"  and they look at me like I'm nuts ha ha.
Hank said that to Bobby when Bobby thought he should try to get hit by the baseball and walk to first. . . . yep . . . . .uh huh . . . yep   

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #156 on: July 13, 2011, 05:40:45 am »
lathe

Offline airflamesred

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #157 on: July 13, 2011, 07:00:46 am »
In my haste I neglected to mention that the lathe function produces double sided polys. To get rid of these I reccomend the following
object/unify faces (reduces to single sided faces)
object/align faces (faces all the normals in one direction)
If your object is still 'inside out' then select all faces (ctrl B)
selected/invert

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #158 on: July 13, 2011, 04:44:13 pm »
That is ultra cool and I never knew what lathe did. You can make just about anything that's symmetrical like helmet domes, bells, mushrooms, crystals, bottles and tons more- just by drawing a single line. Thanks for this!

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #159 on: July 13, 2011, 05:59:23 pm »
Added one more translated plugin (batch #4) to top post, and new link to a good Metasequoia function tutorial.

The plugin lets you draw new polygons on an existing polygon.- good for making filigree designs on parts or many other creative endeavors. Basically, it works like the 'create' function, but it sets new vertices aligned with an existing face so it's much easier to control.  It makes a new 'poly-surface' button in the 'command' menu