Author Topic: Copy of Sword of Moonlight for sale  (Read 24061 times)

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
Re: Copy of Sword of Moonlight for sale
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2011, 02:16:48 pm »
This was all back when Yuku was an Ezboard....

I was Akryal, that priest that served the widda queen.  That was the name of my band (named after Shadow Tower) and that was the name I was using on the agetec board back in 2001.
David Bunch was called Sojourner on the forum.  I haven't seen that guy in a long time, but he was a self proclaimed guru.
Lynn, the little girl with the dog, was Archmage Lynn on the King's Field forum YEARS ago.  Her mother on the game was her real mother's name.
JohnnyPark of course, one of the soldiers eaten by that widda freak.
Misa Fopa was a regular in the Agetec Playroom.  He didn't have much to do with King's Field.  He died of brain cancer.  :(
Martin Ramerez is the shop guy in the game that you can get the bow from.
Paul Hutchinson (the guy that asks you for poison because those things are taking his fish) is Valkysas on the Agetec forum.
The old guy trying to get across the bridge at the beginning of the game and gets killed by a skeleton is Mark Johnson.  He's attached to the Duhrin name.  (Well, it was Duhrin in Shadow Tower, but that word is in there somewhere in that old guy's last name.)

The other names, I'm not too sure about....  Of course, I can't find a list of names anywhere online so I might remember a few others, but they elude me now.

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2011, 02:24:36 pm »
Nice mugs! :5innocent2:

Hmm, I've got to get me that magazine... Nicely done with the autograph, John! :D

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2011, 05:34:43 pm »
I split the SoM Wiki article "Collectibles and Memorabilia" up by creating a new article called "Releases and variants". Please help filling it with information and images. :)

http://swordofmoonlight.com/somwiki/index.php?title=Releases_and_variants

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2011, 06:16:14 pm »
That looks really good. I'll get the US releases, SoM, and baisc PS1 Jap releases scanned little by little (got a lot of irons in the fire right now) but I can't help much with all the Euro- variants other than the UK KF.

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2011, 06:31:48 pm »
That looks really good. I'll get the US releases, SoM, and baisc PS1 Jap releases scanned little by little (got a lot of irons in the fire right now) but I can't help much with all the Euro- variants other than the UK KF.
Thanks! I'll get the European ones as soon as I'm able. :)

Also went through and cleaned up a couple of articles that were there from earlier, like the From Software article. Nice and shiny now. :3 Oh, and some links on the front page. ;)

PS: New thread for wiki. :)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 06:43:31 pm by Guyra »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2011, 04:40:01 pm »
This was all back when Yuku was an Ezboard....

I was Akryal, that priest that served the widda queen.  That was the name of my band (named after Shadow Tower) and that was the name I was using on the agetec board back in 2001.
David Bunch was called Sojourner on the forum.  I haven't seen that guy in a long time, but he was a self proclaimed guru.
Lynn, the little girl with the dog, was Archmage Lynn on the King's Field forum YEARS ago.  Her mother on the game was her real mother's name.
JohnnyPark of course, one of the soldiers eaten by that widda freak.
Misa Fopa was a regular in the Agetec Playroom.  He didn't have much to do with King's Field.  He died of brain cancer.  :(
Martin Ramerez is the shop guy in the game that you can get the bow from.
Paul Hutchinson (the guy that asks you for poison because those things are taking his fish) is Valkysas on the Agetec forum.
The old guy trying to get across the bridge at the beginning of the game and gets killed by a skeleton is Mark Johnson.  He's attached to the Duhrin name.  (Well, it was Duhrin in Shadow Tower, but that word is in there somewhere in that old guy's last name.)

The other names, I'm not too sure about....  Of course, I can't find a list of names anywhere online so I might remember a few others, but they elude me now.

Thanks so much for this post Tom! I totally missed it until just now. I missed Guyra's next post too; I swear, sometimes I think I've got a brain cloud! The KF4 guide just mentions David Bunch, Chad Breshears, JaMarc Neeley, Oagh Burleigh, and Harmurah Forgefist Too bad it's so basic or I'd try to stalk... I mean track down those people for an autograph. Still, this is really cool information for the Wiki. You're the only person still around who know this stuff.  Is that your new guitar in the pic?

I was originally just going to post that I found German KF strategy guide- didn't know there was one. I wonder if Europe has any other guides for KF games? Guyra, is the German written language close enough to Norwegian that you can get the general idea what it says? The Germanic roots in English are old and watered down but I can sometimes recognize words enough to have a general understanding. Got the 'Complete' part, but Losung = Solution I had to look up. :tongue:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 04:54:07 pm by HwitVlf »

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2011, 07:13:42 pm »
I was originally just going to post that I found German KF strategy guide- didn't know there was one. I wonder if Europe has any other guides for KF games? Guyra, is the German written language close enough to Norwegian that you can get the general idea what it says? The Germanic roots in English are old and watered down but I can sometimes recognize words enough to have a general understanding. Got the 'Complete' part, but Losung = Solution I had to look up. :tongue:

Oooh, that's really nice! *Covets*

According to one of my teachers some years back, the language Norwegian is most influenced by is German. I can recognize some words. I need to get my hands on one of those. :D

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2011, 07:59:37 pm »
That is some awesome ass information about the characters being named, I had recently thought darchangel (martin) was pulling my leg about his real name.

Too damn cool, I wish I coulda been in a KF game :D
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2011, 03:47:37 pm »
If anyone want the complete KF long box, pink gem variant, I'd suggest checking out this Buy It Now on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Playstation-PSX-Game-Kings-Field-Complete-/350461125631

Pretty cheap! Free P&P within the US, too.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2011, 05:56:40 pm »
There are a couple brand new black long box KF(US) copies on ebay right. It's rare to see new long box copies and they're usually $125+ buy it now. So this might be worth a look if anyone is into collecting. I already have a new copy or I'd snag one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320761587395?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649