Author Topic: Copy of Sword of Moonlight for sale  (Read 24069 times)

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
Re: Copy of Sword of Moonlight for sale
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2011, 07:54:44 am »
Holy crap, I want that painting! :dazed:

I'm currently scanning some items, and I'll see if I can put them up afterwards. ;)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2011, 04:20:45 pm »
what an awesome ass collection and wiki page, well done guys!
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2011, 06:05:13 pm »
Okay, I've uploaded some scans. They're all on the collectibles page.

Now you can read the four pages review in PS Extreme issue 4, and there's a six page guide looking thing in a Japanese - please note the links under "Pages" below the pics. If anyone know Japanese and can translate, feel free. lol! xD Also scanned the Quo Card. :)

There're actually some things in my collection that aren't in the pics - the poster and Quo Card, as shown in earlier pics, the KFIV Premium Book(I forgot to take it out of one of the KFII long boxes), and two more KFIV variants that I own, but haven't picked up from where they are yet. ^^

I'll continue to scan some more stuff...

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2011, 09:07:08 pm »
Okay, here's one of the two doujins I've got, all scanned! Sadly, it's not in English, but a friend of mine will see if she's able to translate it. If anyone else wants to give it a go, please do! :razz:

http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm19/MagnusGuyra/Kings%20Field%20Desire/

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2011, 09:56:00 pm »
Oh wow, thank you so much for all that work! I see Arial from Shadow Tower makes an appearance- makes me really curious what the story is. I'm afraid I'd be ultra slow at recognizing the stylized 'handwritten' Japanese, but I might be able to help with the clearer normalized text.   

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2011, 05:20:21 am »
That'd be great, John. :)

And I believe there're three short stories there that aren't directly connected to each other - but I might be wrong. ;)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2011, 01:26:46 pm »
why oh why did from stop working on this franchise :(

I guess I should be happy they gave us the ultimate parting gift in SOM though.  I mean what else can a true fan ask for but the ability to make their own games with the proper toolset?
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2011, 08:43:53 am »
I was thinking about this today too.

SoM and KF are gems of the older generation of gaming. From has just moved with the transition - people seem to love third person adventure games these days, along with first person shooters... Though i suppose oblivion retained some of that KF magic, even if it made an entirely new shot at it.

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2011, 11:06:43 pm »
I'm having quite a hard time translating the King's Field doujins. They use a lot of common short-hand speech and inferences instead of structured complete sentences. It might get clearer if I get more familiar with the setting. I think it starts with the kid asking "Is this father's lover?" and the father replies "I might answer if they weren't sitting right here." but the lady replies "Uh huh"

Mugs- Ha
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 11:14:51 pm by HwitVlf »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2011, 07:23:19 am »
New magazine listed.

On an interesting side note, I happened to stumble across Mr. Tim Lindquist who had a KF2(US) character named after him. He is a graphic artist who did designs for KF2(US) products (including work on the game logo) and his review is quoted on the back of the KF2 box. He graciously agreed to autograph my KF2 guide so I'm all geeked out about it. Since I live fairly near Agetec HQ, maybe someday I'll drop by and see if Mark Johnson will sign the guide for his character too. Mr. Lindquist has an interesting site here dedicated to to arcade games if anyone wants to check it out.

I know several characters in KF4 were named after fans who were on the Agetec forum when the game was being localized (I think Tom, and maybe Martin and Johnnypark at least). Does anyone know who any other of the KF characters were named after?