Author Topic: Copy of Sword of Moonlight for sale  (Read 24059 times)

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Copy of Sword of Moonlight for sale
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2011, 07:12:05 pm »
John, if you want this disk Id be happy to send it to you...may include it when i get off my rear and burn that copy of DD for you.
That's really nice of you! I expect I'll get a copy soon enough. I didn't even know it existed until Guyra mentioned it. Maybe you can check it out and see if the translation is the same as US. I always wondered if the 'Vikings' that the fisherman mentions near the game starts was a bad translation for 'Pirates'.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2011, 07:40:23 pm »
heh ya thats definitely a mistranslation, especially considering his truth glass description mentions hes on the island to find the pirate's treasure.  i really doubt there are vikings in valicia anyhow :)

john, as far as the disk is concerned, i merely bought it so that at the very least someone on the forum and a real fan of KF would have it, sharing it or giving to a needy SOM member would make me just as happy :)

I am planning myself to eventually make a super collection too, Ill keep my eye out for another copy...perhaps a birthday present someday :P
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2011, 05:00:38 am »
If anyone has a hankering to catalog their collectibles, there's a layout started here.

Does anyone here have a sealed copy of KF? I'm wondering how many there are left in the world.

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2011, 08:29:08 pm »
If anyone has a hankering to catalog their collectibles, there's a layout started here.
Ooh, really nice! Hopefully, I'll be able to add some to that list... you want everything listed there, including release variants?

Does anyone here have a sealed copy of KF? I'm wondering how many there are left in the world.
Which KF?

PS: I just ordered a copy of that PlayStation Magazine, issue 55. :3
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 07:52:37 am by Guyra »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2011, 05:24:22 pm »
Which KF?
[/quote]
Any of the PS1 titles, but specifically I was wondering about the US longbox releases (KF2). I've seen some for sale, but they usually don't have a picture or look like they've been re-sealed.

[
PS: I just ordered a copy of that PlayStation Magazine, issue 55. :3
Cool! I ordered an after-market 'hints and tips' book that supposedly covers KF. I like obscure little stuff like that.

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2011, 10:42:42 pm »
Cool! I ordered an after-market 'hints and tips' book that supposedly covers KF. I like obscure little stuff like that.
Nice! Got a pic, or a link to where I can order a copy?

I just received the following goodies:

Two related KFIII guides, one KFII guide, two KFIV guides, one KF doujin, KF IV Quo Card, and a copy of Sword of Moonlight!

KF Dark Side Box advertisement poster - this thing is about one meter in length. :D

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2011, 06:13:05 pm »
Nice! Got a pic, or a link to where I can order a copy?
Droool drool  :tongue: I'm wondering how the KF3 DATA book differs from the MAP book?
The hint book arrived, but it was mis-advertised and doesn't have and KF info. Just 'King of Fighters'. Grrrr

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2011, 08:10:11 pm »
Droool drool  :tongue: I'm wondering how the KF3 DATA book differs from the MAP book?
They differ very much from each other, though I've only browsed through the pages of each book quickly. I'm not sure whether or not they're supposed to be used together or not, either. I think it's more like you can choose the one that works best for you, though.

The hint book arrived, but it was mis-advertised and doesn't have and KF info. Just 'King of Fighters'. Grrrr
Nooo! Send it back! :doh:

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2011, 08:21:50 pm »
I've been promising pics, and here they are!

(Sorry about the bad quality in this one.)

And here are some close ups of the games:
KF & KFIII: Front - Back

KFII: Front - Back

KFIV: Front - Back

KFAI & KFAII: Front - Back

Other games: Front - Back

KF and KFII are complete, KFIII is missing three variants, KFIV is missing three variants(but two are on their way), KFAI and KFAII are missing one variant each.

Enjoy! :D

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2011, 04:18:14 am »
That's a massively cool collection. It's amazing how many things you managed to acquire from different regions. If you don't, I'll try to add your pics to the collectibles as I get time. I might have to ask which is which.

Added a few goodies