Author Topic: Copy of Sword of Moonlight for sale  (Read 24067 times)

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Copy of Sword of Moonlight for sale
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 05:51:09 pm »
Care to post a list of the variants? I collect KF stuff too so a list would be helpful. I expect Pilot Style would be the rarest of the game-disk collectibles. Have you ever played it? 

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 06:14:31 pm »
Here we go...

(List moved here!)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 01:47:25 pm by Guyra »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 09:47:33 pm »
Neat list! I wasn't aware of the all the PAL versions. PAL games are generally the hardest to find in the US. 

FYI, the info on Jason Dvorak's Gamerave site about the KF long box releases is incorrect. The "black sword" long box was the first release and it came with a "dark sword" phone card. The 'pink sword' was released second and the phone card was changed to pink too. I wrote him about it awhile ago, but he doesn't generally respond to emails.

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2011, 04:29:33 am »
Most of you guys probably have King's Field: The Ancient City lying around. Could you tell me the release ID on its back? I'm having trouble confirming the second of the two I've found info on:
- NTSC-U
 - - Original, SLUS-20318
 - - Original, SLUS-20353

Also, just sniped the doujin. :)

Neat list! I wasn't aware of the all the PAL versions. PAL games are generally the hardest to find in the US.
Well, if you want them, I'd suggest using European eBay sites. ebay.co.uk, ebay.de... you'll still use the same login as on eBay.com, and the usually ship internationally. Currently I'm having problems getting the Spanish/Portuguese/something version - there's a copy on eBay, but it's really expensive. I've sent a message to the seller trying to get him to lower the price, but haven't received a reply. :/

FYI, the info on Jason Dvorak's Gamerave site about the KF long box releases is incorrect. The "black sword" long box was the first release and it came with a "dark sword" phone card. The 'pink sword' was released second and the phone card was changed to pink too. I wrote him about it awhile ago, but he doesn't generally respond to emails.
Hey, thanks for letting me know that! I've got both versions, but one of them is missing the phone card(the pink version). :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 04:32:02 am by Guyra »

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2011, 07:15:24 am »
Looked for my TAC box and i cant find it. Ill post here if i do find it.

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2011, 07:59:27 am »
I expect Pilot Style would be the rarest of the game-disk collectibles. Have you ever played it? 
Sadly, I haven't. I believe it's the rarest release you can find in the series, with KFIII - Power Completist on second place. I've got neither of them.

@Verdite: Thanks, please do. :)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011, 09:03:41 am »
All 8 of my KF TAC copies are SLUS 20318 (yes I am weird, I have 8 of them, everytime I go to a used game store and see a copy of any KF games I buy them).
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Guyra

• Decked in Promeus
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2011, 09:39:29 am »
All 8 of my KF TAC copies are SLUS 20318 (yes I am weird, I have 8 of them, everytime I go to a used game store and see a copy of any KF games I buy them).
Ahaha, wow! xD
Thanks for letting me know, though. That makes it look like the 353 is either somewhat rare, or it might not exist.

Oh, and since you've got that many... are there any small differences between any of them?

I'm currently bidding on one on eBay. Hopefully I'll get it. :)

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2011, 06:08:42 pm »
Wow Todd! Are you saving up King's Field games so you can build a fort out of them? If so, can I visit and play in the fort?

Guyra, I have 1 copy right now but I've had about 4 pass through my hands and they are/were all 20318 (I examine games for variants thoroughly before I trade them away). Don't know if you've seen the listing here, but that might be the card you're missing. That Promo disk you found seems like it would be very rare. We're they handed out to reviewers or something?
Sadly, I haven't. I believe it's the rarest release you can find in the series, with KFIII - Power Completist on second place. I've got neither of them.
I'm lucky enough to have a copy of completist (it's SLPS-00377 on the spine BTW). The book with completist is cool. I wish they had done something like that with the US release.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 08:21:18 pm by HwitVlf »

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2011, 06:57:27 pm »
LOL!!!  Todd has a TAC fort.

I want one too.

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.