Author Topic: Some new shields  (Read 3895 times)

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
Some new shields
« on: March 04, 2011, 05:10:11 pm »
I might have sent these to you before Todd, but I don't think anyone else has them.
You can post them in your add-ons section if you like. I was holding them back to
use in my own game, but I'm going a different way now.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 06:49:12 pm by HwitVlf »

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Some new shields
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 10:07:38 pm »
Beautiful! Self made or imported? :)

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 10:34:57 pm »
I textured (is that a verb?  :tongue: ) them, but the models are from KF PS1. :) 

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 12:03:43 am »
These are great I will add them in tomorrow!  Thank you John!

I dont remember ever seeing these before...

Not to act as though these models aren't important...but I have to admit, the thing that caught my attention the most about your post is the "for my own game" statement.

Could there come a day when John allows the masses to see his game :)
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
Earth shield kf3
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 08:15:31 pm »
I had a go at making the earth shield. Created two textures just for it. Made it for you, Todd... Whats the verdict, does it need something more?

Edited: Could someone do a quick sketch / paintup of the back of the shield? Cant find a reference.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 08:27:54 pm by Verdite »

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 08:27:29 pm »
Ya it definitely needs something more...................................................................a game to go in :)

Well done!
Site Founder

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
Re: Earth shield kf3
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 05:11:35 pm »
Edited: Could someone do a quick sketch / paintup of the back of the shield? Cant find a reference.
It took me awhile to dig out my old saves, but I took some screens and your shield looks really good to me. I couldn't tell if you got the decoration-symbols at top and bottom though so I included a hi-resolution closeup in case you want to photoshop it into your texture :)

Todd, I am 'officially' working on a game, I just haven't posted much so it will feel 'fresh'. If I can manage to stop getting side tracked, I might finish it some day :p 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 05:15:25 pm by HwitVlf »

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 05:31:28 pm »
On a texture related note, I was playing around with extracting textures from the KF disk. All of the textures are lumped together in a single file and are header-less which makes them hard (but not impossible to extract). There are also tons of little 'squiggle' textures intermixed which I don't remember ever seeing in game. Does anyone recognize these textures from KF2(US)?

I wonder if it was a 'copy protection' of sorts to make it harder for people to rip stuff from the game. I know KF1(US) and KF2(US) use some sort of anti-tamper checksum protection on their text files; the game will not load the text if it has been modified in the slightest.

I was going to translate KF Pilot Style, but I could never figure a way around the anti-tamper code.

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 07:05:04 pm »
Whoa! Some cool symbols there - especially the little man. Pleased you like my shield! Feedback like this always inspires me to carry on. When i get the time ill start on the morguline axe. I really appreciate you getting me the screens :) though because my texture is darker than the original, i might have to do the symbol in a lighter colour.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 07:10:08 pm »
Hmm it would help if the textures in that grid had colors...

The cherub and a few blocks near him are from the place of the beginning and Orladin's maze.  Not sure about that symbol down below it though
Site Founder