Author Topic: Kings Field TAC playthrough...  (Read 3065 times)

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Kings Field TAC playthrough...
« on: April 04, 2011, 09:29:05 am »
Just wanted to say Ive recently had a break from projects and have several brand new unplayed games sitting at my house I wanted to dive into...however for some reason when I went over to my shelf to pick up a game I decided instead to dust off Ancient City as it had been years since I had played it.

I have to admit, my experience with SOM, making a KF style game and so on has really changed my view of this game.  A while back I was nothing but a naysayer complaining about the many aspects of KF4 that I didnt care for compared to the rest of the series.  This play through however has opened my eyes quite a bit to the parts of KF4 that make it quite a good game...I cant explain why, but this time the game just clicked for me.

Maybe its because I am actually reading the lore/information about this game for what it is rather than comparing it to the rest of the series.

I can say this, I am thoroughly enjoying every minute of it and have completely changed my mind.  I think it is a great game and I am sorry I ever said otherwise:)
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
Re: Kings Field TAC playthrough...
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 03:30:23 pm »
Heh!  You and I both....  We started games about the same time.

I haven't beat the game yet, but I'm currently at Level 60 and I believe I have every item in the game.  (Sans the Wind Bracelet and Crystal Shield which I have to cough up the money to buy)

I've sold some duplicates, even though the descriptions were different, but kept some even though the name was the same but they looked different.  (i.e. Kite and Tower shields)

I'll do a brief run though with my Myu's Necklace to double check hidden doors, but I think I got them all.  (I nabbed Myu's necklace right after dispatching the Widda Queen, so it shouldn't be too many)

It took me about a hour and 15 minutes to get the Dark Defiler by the way. 
I've got a great method to get that by the way....

Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 11:55:19 am »
Ok, definitely got every item in the game now.

I had to do a money run (I've got a spot where I can get about 20000G in about 10 minutes) to buy the rest of the stuff I didn't have in my inventory.  I also bought the remaining earth stones and will put most of them toward my Angelic Crown.  (All time favorite helmet by the way)

I've done a few experience runs to.  I can gain 2 levels in less time it takes to improve my Angelic Crown, which is less than 8 minutes. 
I've got a great way to farm experience by the way.....

I will not rest until I'm level 99 and have level 3'd my magical weapons and most of the spells.
I HATE how the strongest flame spell is at level 3, so level 2 that one is.

Leveling up spells/weapons seems it will be the biggest pain in the butt, as I've got little "shortcut tricks" to get money and experience fast....

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 12:01:49 pm »
If you could get me a close up of the angelic helm i'll make it for you're game.

Offline Hguols

• VIP
  • Guardian in Groundal
    • Orationem
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 04:57:39 pm »
Well, I might try to take a picture of that on my TV with my phone... 

Currently, I'm at level 74....  Got my Queen's staff to Level 3....  Moonlight Sword and Ancient Sword to Level 2. 
Couple spells at Level 2.  (I've never leveled up the Remedy spell before, but I bet it kicks ass at Level 3)

Looks like after I use all (but one) earthstone, my Angelic Crown will be 9, 9, 9 rather than 5, 5, 5 in the slash, stab, hit departments.  Man I wish I could apply multiple stones at once to cut out some of that time...   Meh...  I'll just work on leveling up myself, weapons and spells in the meantime.

( ^ - ^)

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 08:23:17 am »
Where are you levelling up?

Offline HwitVlf

• Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 11:28:27 pm »
Where are you levelling up?
On his Playstation of course!  :tongue:

When you're done, you should track down someone who can take your PS2 save and convert it to a pscx2 memory card image.
It would be cool to have an easy way to take screen shots of items and such.
Just found this- nice.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 11:43:09 pm by HwitVlf »

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 08:35:10 pm »
I have most of the stuff on my save (nearing level 70 i believe) ill see what i can do about converting it.

Leveling the swords and spells is easiest if you left the flame arrow spitting masks alive and didnt deactivate them (thats where ive leveled my stuff)
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Mord of Swoonlight

• Lord Veyrac's Illegitimate Son
  • Silvarion Slasher
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 12:24:22 am »
Yeah, the flame arrow masks were great for experience, as they couldn't even fight back...  I think for fun I even got my fists to level 3 there last time I played...  The other great place was the throne room of the king.  Decent gold, but I usually ended up getting hit by a ton of skeletons when I inevitably got lazy. 

It's really funny, but I remember not liking TAC that much the first time I went through it, either.  Then last time, after several years, I enjoyed it quite a bit more.