Author Topic: HEEEELLLPPPP!!!!  (Read 8140 times)

Offline Midknightsky

• Long Sword Swinger
Re: HEEEELLLPPPP!!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 05:59:30 pm »
TODD! it froze and crashed again HHHHEEEEELLLPPPP!!! :geno:

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 06:34:06 pm »
Sounds like its failing to play the video.

If you beat the boss and it craps out during the ending sequence its likely just video loading issues.  Make sure you have this installed:
http://www.swordofmoonlight.com/DarkDestiny/iv5setup.zip

its a codec for the videos that are in DD. 

What O/S are you running?  If the above link does not work, you may need a different driver pack for windows vista/7.

Also, you may consider browsing to the DATA\MOVIE folder of the game and trying to launch the ending.avi thats there to see if it works.  If it does, you havent missed out on anything you would have gotten by seeing it in game.  If it doesnt load, its definitely a codec issue.
- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Midknightsky

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 07:21:50 pm »
HAHA nvm todd. I Win!!! :biggrin: thanks verdite for the maps but i guess i didn't need them after all lol. Whoa what an adventure!!! man you do realize i'm going to have a smile on my face for atleast the next month. Man i'm glad i found this!. So with my time constraints i was able to beat this is about 3 weeks.

Offline Midknightsky

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2011, 07:28:09 pm »
Yes sir Todd. I actually browsed the forums and downloaded the video thingy. after i installed it it played i beat the game. my wife is really happy i'm off the computer now lol. I didn't have a control pad so i went through the whole game via keyboard that was interesting. No this was most excellent and much needed in my life haha! I wanted to thank you Todd and SoM. I remember playing KF along time ago and being the only person I knew at the time that loved it. :dazed:. Brings back a lot of good memories.

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2011, 09:40:55 pm »
Wow...well you have no idea how happy it makes me that you enjoyed it that much.

Impressive you played it with just the keyboard, its tough to beat the enemies without strafing!

I hope you check back now and then we have a few more games in the works by some talented people that promise to bring a lot of new goodies to the table and provide hours of great adventuring.

If you ever get the need to have more KF fun you can always give SOM a try and make a game of your own :)

Thanks again for playing through.  I might be remaking some more box sets to send out to some people if youd like one.
Site Founder

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2011, 12:18:20 pm »
I'm playing via keyboard too.

What joypad do you guys use?

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
  • Do, or do not, there is no try...... ~yoda~
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2011, 12:52:20 pm »
I use a logitech analog controller. works great for me and is wireless, but ANY should work, as long as your machine has all the drivers for the device:)  SoM uses very simple and primative direct 7 , so unless your controller is from like 1998 or something any should work , my buddy test most of my maps with his XBox 360 controller:)  ................ML

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2011, 08:39:08 pm »
Personally I had the best luck with an xbox wired controller.  I had been using an axis pad but it went belly up.
Site Founder

Offline Madison Lastrega

• Decked in Promeus
  • Do, or do not, there is no try...... ~yoda~
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2011, 02:03:33 am »
Todd Great Job , as always with Dark Destiny...... I think it SHOULD BE the official Prequel to the KF series......... and with well over 1000 downloads and counteing ( *Source CNET.COM*) I think the fans agree........ Just dropping some props.......ML

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2011, 08:18:21 am »
I agree, i just started playing and its a great game.

Alot happens in this small community...