Author Topic: HEEEELLLPPPP!!!!  (Read 8139 times)

Offline Midknightsky

• Long Sword Swinger
HEEEELLLPPPP!!!!
« on: January 21, 2011, 11:47:28 pm »
 :doh: I've playing on DD for, well, I don't want to say "i'm stuck". I'm a huge kings fan! and was beyond ecstatic that I found DD. However i'm lost. way lost. i've been aimlessly wondering around the last two weeks (when i get time I've got 3 kids and a job) I'm sooooo stuck. I've got the aquarian boots but i've been unable to locate the Path I've located the area where there's writing on the wall that says "with out the boots etc.." . I've been endlessly looking for harvine's flute but to no avail. I don't know if anyone comes here anymore but if they do I seriously need help i really want to beat this and with my limited play time it's starting to become very frustrating. :crying: I'm not looking for a total walk through just a couple of hints. super appreciate it! :dazed:   

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
    • http://swordofmoonlight.com
Re: HEEEELLLPPPP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 12:41:30 am »
Ok if you have the aquarion boots and know where the writing is, you are 99% of the way there.  Just 'use' the aquarion boot item that is in your inventory near the water straight out from the writing and an icy bridge will appear.  Be careful though, this bridge is temporary.  (it leads two places btw).

The second item you are after is dependant on how far youve gotten with King Harvine's story.  If you have interacted with his portrait in the castle and defeated the guards that appear afterwards, you should seek him out in the courtyard and speak with him.  He will give you the Harvine's Key.  With this key, go back to his throne room and you will find in secret chambers within the walls of that room are two chests locked with his key.  One of these chests will procur what youre looking for.

I am glad you are playing, and glad you are enjoying it.  I am sorry if I made the game too vague at times but I was trying to stay cryptic like the original and not give too many hints.

You may also want to download this patch file as it will likely save you grief later on when you go to enter the dragon shrine.

- Todd DuFore (DMPDesign)
Site Founder

Offline Midknightsky

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 02:04:41 am »
if i install the patch will i lose my save game? I actually found the path before i checked back here. I'm in thedecks cave as of now (got a map? lol). This is excellent, even after the bugs i'm in heaven!. Vague is fantastic! when i was younger it was easier for me to figure these things out, I think i played king's field 1 on ps1 when it first got released I was 13 (i'm 28 now). I remember having the entire game mapped out in my head. Well thank you todd this has been epic so far! i will get back to you some time soon. Oh i found the library finally and it said i was at about 53%  :ninja: go me!!!   

Offline Verdite

• VIP
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 06:51:45 am »
Check you're junk folder in hotmail for the map, just sent you it  :rainbow: enjoy.

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 09:02:14 am »
So when it's possible to just wear the Aquarian boots as a single item... would you go to the trouble to release a new version of Dark Destiny?

PS: That could happen any day now...

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 09:32:54 am »
Yes I would Holy.
Site Founder

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 09:48:54 am »
It should be safe to load those files, all they do is modify one event in each map so that leon will respond properly to you at certain points of the game.  As with any patch though, make sure to backup the files they are overwriting just in case.

The patches dont actually break your save game, they just aren't compatible with some...so if you apply a patch that doesnt work, just revert your game files back to the original ones you had.
Site Founder

Offline Holy_Diver

• Holy Diver
  • Archmage of Light
  • This account won't read/reply to Private Messages
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 10:18:21 am »
Yes I would Holy.

My only non-technical disappointment with DD is I wish the maps were more scientifically like lined up with KF2. I know of course the multi-level stuff would have to be creatively fudged over for the time being. But it would serve as a much more solid starting point for Melenat set games if it was square for square as accurate as possible within one map tile.

One thing I think From' totally dropped the ball on (everything else aside) is not letting you use a background in the map editor. So you could prepare your map map, and then lay your map tiles over that (that's definitely something I'd work on just as soon as working on the editors becomes worthwhile)

We do have a "magician map" for every square inch of KF2 right?

Offline dmpdesign

• Moonlight Retiree
  • Administrator
  • Dark Slayer Destroyer
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 11:55:34 am »
Yep
Site Founder

Offline Midknightsky

• Long Sword Swinger
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 01:10:35 pm »
 :cool: HAHA! just finished thedecks cave (thanks verdite for the map) I've been to the dragon shrine already (i've got seath's sword) and spoke with leon. Is it too late for the patch?